Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi I’m having problems with my ionic. It won’t sync. I have tried restoring factory settings. Restarted ionic. Charged 100%. Deleted app and restored. Took ionic off my app. Restarted my phone. Now when I search for my ionic it doesn’t find it. I have my ionic for only 1 year.

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

I have the exactly the same problem.  Very frustrating how one minute everything is working fine now nothing seems to work

Best Answer

I have the same problem. And I’ve done all the same trouble shooting steps. Fitbit app is on my iPhone. No problem with phone. So far my Fitbit will work for a shortly after I reinstall my Ionic on app. Then soon after my Fitbit won’t sync. This has only happened over last 48 hours. Seems weird that we all have the same issue at the same time.

Best Answer

I was on the phone with customer service for an hour today. My ionic still won’t stay connected to my iPhone 11. After trouble shooting is completed my Fitbit connected to Bluetooth and synced. But soon after the Bluetooth connection was lost and my Fitbit would not sync it also effects my Fitbit’s ability to display the correct time. It was 20 min slow today until I did the trouble shooting all over again. I have only had the Fitbit for less then 6 months. I hope they come through with some sort of update that corrects this problem.

Best Answer

Mine started having issues yesterday.  About 1 hour behind and none of my devices recognize the ionic in my bluetooth so it will not pair.  The watch still works, except for the time being wrong...seems like its affecting mutiple people.  Hope support reads these comments and responds on how its going to fix it.

Best Answer

I have not been able to stay synced with my Galaxy consistently for over a week. I have spent so much time disabling Bluetooth, deleting the app, restarting my phone, restarting my Ionic, factory resetting my device, etc. I spoke to customer service 3 times today. They did not say something is wrong with numerous Ionic's, though 1 rep did say one other person called having an issue. Still, the resolution was for me to purchase a new device. If there is a problem, please tell us! I'd rather not spend hundreds of dollars on a new device if the issue is on your end! Though, I'm sure my purchase is your preference. Please read this fitbit moderators!

Best Answer
Thanks I updated my post yesterday. I will need to push for some kind of action on there part. I can’t function with a watch that doesn’t tell time just so I can count my steps. I was one the phone with customer service yesterday for a hour in the middle of the day. Who has that much time to spend on fixing there watch. At this point they either need to send a new one for free. Or I have to move on from Fitbit. I hope your problem are resolved soon.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I’m having same issue. I’ve done everything deleted Bluetooth, deleted watch one app. Reinstalled app, reset phone etc etc and  still won’t connect or sync.  😞 what else can I do? Hate not having a watch.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It won’t sync.

You don't mention whether Android or iOS. This below worked for me on a new Android phone.

Also do a forum search for syncing issues. There are hundreds of post from previous months on this well thrashed issue. Force stoping the app worked for me on a previous phone running Android 9. 

Since the below procedure fix my syncing has been rock solid. Never needed to force stop the app etc.

Solved: Re: Reporting a possible new phone compatibility i... - Fitbit Community

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive fixed mine. I just reset the iconic watch back to factory settings.  

Click settings on watch, scroll down to about then scroll down to factory reset, 

Hope it works for you.  Good luck 😚 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry to hear some many people are having the same problem. The only other thing that may help is doing all the same trouble shooting steps while the watch is plugged in.🤷🏻‍:male_sign:🤷🏻‍:male_sign:Maybe... it’s all a guess for me.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Exactly the same here. Six months old.

uninstalled now when I search for ionic it’s not finding it.. strange so many people with same issue

Best Answer

I'm having same issue on galaxy s20 android 11. I am able to connect and sync after factory resetting (and losing all my data). Then a few hours later my ionic will no longer sync with my phone. It stays connected and I can see it's connected both through the app and my phone's bluetooth settings but it won't sync! Please help! 

Best Answer

As my ionic only 6 months old contacted Fitbit explained issue and steps taken to resolve. Excellent service and replacement on its way. Sounds like it’s a known issue

Best Answer

Hi - having the same problem.  Received the new update last week no problems at all then suddenly yesterday morning my Ionic has stopped sync'ing .  I've tried everything, complete factory reset (and uninstalled app from phone, restarted and reinstalled before setting up Ionic).

It still doesn't work - once the Ionic sets up - it then drops the sync again (the app is telling me there is a firmware update - update now) but it can't see the Ionic again.

I noticed the Fitbit app on my android updated Wednesday night and this started happening after then - coincidence? 

And before a community moderator sends me links on checking my Bluetooth connection/is it a device that is compatible PLEASE DON'T, it's been working fine for over two years.  I'm going to try and do another factory reset again now but it's not looking promising.

Best Answer

Weirdly this morning it actually finished it's install from Factory reset - hoorah I thought... took the time to customize everything how I liked it.  Hit a problem this afternoon with a clock face which wouldn't sync correctly and the help bit suggested I shut down the watch, restart my phone which I did (makes sense).

Since doing this - IT WILL NO LONGER SYNC again the same as yesterday morning 😞   I've tried pairing it with another phone in the house and it won't pair, I'm guessing the Bluetooth "bit" of the watch is broken.

Best Answer