Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic: Unresponsive device

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I went to bed one night wearing my Ionic as I always did - to track my sleep - and when I woke up the next morning my Ionic was off despite the fact that it was fully charged before I've gone to sleep. 

I tried charrging it and rebooting it but got no response from the watch. 

I live in South Africa. Any idea on how to repair it or get a refund ? It was only 4 months old.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
32 REPLIES 32

Try a restart. Do it at least 3 times.

Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

If that doesn't help Contact Support. Use the drop down at the top to select your country
http://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

same happened with me too, and I just contacted customer care,they asked me to send them a video of how you are trying to reset it 1) connected with laptop 2) connected with wall charger and invoice attachment. After one day they sent me a link stating that I’ll be getting a replacement and I entered all my details. After this step 2 days before I received my replacement and it’s working fine.

hope this will help you in your case.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TechmaniacGT Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with customer support. I'm glad they sent a replacement unit and that it is working fine and that you are back on track now. 

I'm sure your experience will be helpful for other users experiencing similar situations.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

They replaced mine and now the second one is broke. Fitbit ionic has been nothing but headaches for me. Now there suggestion is they will give me money off on a new ionic. Just what I want another broken watch.  Save yourself the time and buy an apple. Used to swear by my Fitbit especially my blaze. But the ionic is garbage.

Best Answer

They replaced mine and now the second one is broke. Fitbit ionic has been nothing but headaches for me. Now there suggestion is they will give me money off on a new ionic. Just what I want another broken watch.  Save yourself the time and buy an apple. Used to swear by my Fitbit especially my blaze. But the ionic is garbage.

Best Answer

I'm thinking of calling Amazon where I bought mine and tell them in detail what Fitbit is doing to us with these faulty ionics.

Best Answer

good idea. If there are enough complaints, amazon may remove the listing to prevent other people from having our headaches

Best Answer

I had the exact same experience.  Woke up and the ionic would not charge and would not turn on.  This happened to me twice, both lasted about 6 months.  The first was replaced, the second time they offered me a coupon.  I will not be spending anymore money on this watch.

Best Answer

I received my Fitbit as a Christmas gift and it stopped working after one year and 4 months 

It costs a lot of money and to replace it for a discount doesn't solve the problem. Why would I purchase another one if the next one breaks just after the warranty period. I have been checking and this is turning out to be a common problem. I do not endorse Fitbit any longer 

For the features I want I will check out the galaxy smartwatch as this is the watch an associate changed to after her Fitbit ionic broke down .same problems. 

Best Answer

Me too! I went to bed and woke up with my Fitbit ionic dead, so thought it must need a charge. it flashed on screen that it needed charging for a split sec when I attached the charger and then went dead again, would not charge and has been dead ever since. I thought the charger was broken so I tried cleaning the my charger and when that didn't work I bought a new charger and that hasn't worked either. I tried re-booting a number of times and no change...I am now wondering if the watch battery is faulty....and I figure there is nowhere to get that replaced. My Fitbit was a gift so I don't have the receipt. I guess the moto of this story is buy the cheapest Fitbit on the market, because then it doesn't matter so much when it breaks.

Moderator edit: Format 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @javanduze and @BLMac welcome aboard. My apologies for the delayed reply.

I would like to let you know that Fitbit is always striving to improve our users Fitbit experience with our products and services. We appreciate all of the input we receive from our users because this information help us to evaluate our procedures. Thanks for the feedback that was provided about your Ionic device and your overall experience. 

I'll be here if you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly it would appear that the fitbit ionic is a really expensive option considering it's propensity to break after a year. I got considerably better value from my previous (much cheaper Fitbit HR) in terms of "cost per wear" so wont be buying an expensive fitbit in the future.

Blanche 

Moderator edit: Removed personal information 

Best Answer

Welcome back @BLMac thanks for your reply.

Your feedback is appreciated, I've passed it along to help us improve our products and services. Your patience with this situation is appreciated while we work hard to deliver our users the best Fitbit experience we can offer.

Let me know if I can assist you with anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your assistance is useless.

Best Answer

Well I am shocked to say that my broken ionic surprisingly came back to life. I simply left it dead on the new charger for 2 weeks and was shocked to see it come back to life after 2 weeks and appears to be working perfectly now. Miracles happen! it will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

Blanche 

Moderator edit: Removed personal information 

Best Answer

Hello, welcome aboard @goscin. Thanks for your reply and update @BLMac, it's a pleasure to continue assisting. My apologies for the delayed reply.

@goscin Thanks for your feedback. Can you please let me know in which way I can assist you? I'll be glad to do my best to answer your inquiries.

@BLMac I'm glad to know that your Ionic is working again and the way we designed it! Don't hesitate to contact me back if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions, I'll be here.

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did the same thing.  Died after about 8 months and returned to life after several days.  Now, at 13 months, has died again and didnot return to life.  I bought an aftermarket warranty and sent it to them for a replacement or repair.   

Best Answer

Hey @SunsetRunner welcome aboard! I'm here to provide assistance, thank you for your post.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding your Fitbit Ionic and the aftermarket warranty that you purchased, your post might be helpful for other users. Let me know if you need assistance with anything else, I'll be here.

Let me know if you have any additional questions too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to me.  Went to bed and woke up with a blank screen. There was damage to the unit.  Really frustrating for a very expensive ionic watch.  Just bought another and am hoping the same thing does not happen, else I am dropping out of the Fitbit community.

Best Answer