Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic: Unresponsive device

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I went to bed one night wearing my Ionic as I always did - to track my sleep - and when I woke up the next morning my Ionic was off despite the fact that it was fully charged before I've gone to sleep. 

I tried charrging it and rebooting it but got no response from the watch. 

I live in South Africa. Any idea on how to repair it or get a refund ? It was only 4 months old.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
32 REPLIES 32
I have two dead Ionic watches!!!Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ricardofitbit, it certainly sounds like a replacement warranty is the way to go as the watch seems to have a problem.   I was disappointed that my experience does not seem unusual in this group.  It shouldn’t be like this.  I have had Apple products, phones, iPads, and Apple tvs and they have lasted for years.  I replaced them for the new model at my discretion and was not forced to due to build quality.  Will I be replacing the replacement in a year?  

Best Answer

Welcome aboard @sadsack thank you for bringing this to my attention, I'm glad to give you a hand with this. Thanks for your replies @goscin and @SunsetRunner. 

@sadsack  I totally understand how frustrating this matter was for you, my apologies for that. Thanks for letting me know that you bought a new Fitbit Ionic device to replace the one that were experiencing such difficulties, don't hesitate to contact me back if you need further assistance so I can help you out. 

@goscin @SunsetRunner I'd like to appreciate your patience with the difficulties that were experienced with your devices, the feedback submitted on your posts is helpful for our improvement. Please refer to our warranty policies for a better understanding of our Support team resolution and if you want more information about how the warranty process works. 

I'll be here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ricardofitbit, you have it all wrong.  I am not patient about this matter.  I am extremely  unhappy that a 330 + tax watch repeatedly fails within and after 1 year.  Then, you mention that your customers should get aftermarket warranties like I did..  Ridiculous!  . That passes for customer service in your mind?   Then, you are kind enough to give me a link to the product warranty page that says that I am out of warranty.   Thanks.  

My experience with Fitbit customer service is as bad my experience as the Fitbit Ionic.  I’m leaving an Amazon review telling my story of the failed ionic and customer service.  Never again will I buy another Fitbit product.  

Moderator edit: Format 

Best Answer

Exactly my experience and feelings.  They actually replaced my defective Ionic twice, and now the third one has failed, all in the space of 18 months!  I love fitbit, love the community, and loved the idea of my Ionic, but it has been awful.  Every other fitbit device has been great (charge, charge HR, and Blaze), but the Ionic is an epic fail and Fitbit won't own it.  Offering me a steep discount to buy a fourth Ionic when each one has lasted around 6 months is just absurd.

Moderator edit: Format 

Best Answer

Get a new one my new one is works perfectly and I don't have any problems

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone thinking of buying an Ionic.....DON'T! You will be shafted, and left massively out of pocket when it inevitably breaks. A £300 watch that can't even handle an official software update.

Moderator edit: Word choice 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the Ionic in Sept 2018 AND a 2-year warranty for it. I realise it was completely unresponsive this morning when I woke up - tried factory resetting and syncing to my app. None of that worked.

So I had a live chat with Fitbit Support - which was rather frustrating because the support staff seemed to have issues comprehending my messages fully. Anyway, the staff told me my warranty had expired in JUNE 2019. That’s less than a year!

Fitbit support then offered a discount to my next purchase. Totally unhelpful when my warranty period is clearly messed up!

Best Answer
0 Votes

They did the same thing to me . The first one worked only for 6 month, they replaced it . the second one just worked for another 6 month,  now they do not replace it  any more . They offer me  25 % discount and suggest to by a new one . Nice try ! 

I think they have  designed iconic software  in a way to randomly shut down the watch  and give them a chance to sell more .  

Moderator Edit: Word choice

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi , 

Lets write a petition from  those who affected from this problem .  

Moderator Edit: Word choice

Best Answer
0 Votes

The first time my Ionic failed to charge. I left it on the charger for a few weeks and it finally charged and lasted for another 6 month. Then it died again and even after leaving it on the charger for over a month it didn't charge, so I bought a new battery for it on-line andI got a mobile phone fixing company to install it for me and now it's working perfectly again

Best Answer
0 Votes

I highly recommend it as a replacement for your ionic. the only downside is no music, but that
feature never worked very well for me anyway.

Moderator Edit: Word choice - Promoting 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same problem with my Ionic, blank screen, didn't show battery charger connected, would only show Fitbit start up screen then vibrated and died.

So from the support team, they advised me to hold all three buttons down and keep holding even when start up screen came on, once the Ionic vibrated release the right hand lower button and hold until screen goes blank then release all the buttons, wait and the phone reboots itself in a few minutes, I then just linked it up with my iPhone again and reloaded the Ionic again.

I had the phone connected to its charger and my phones Bluetooth on with updated fitbit app ready to go.

PS It showed there was a sync error in red at the start but I ignored this and loaded everything as normal also fixed a friends the same his took 3 goes but worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes