Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not tracking activity with GPS - Not syncing exercise with Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit watch cannot find GPS and constantly searches and then stops and goes back to the main screen.  I record my running then I go into the iphone app and record from there.  My last two runs recorded all the generic items such as HR, steps, calories etc., but not the route.  The route was calculated on a separate entry however the stats stated "Not Enough Data Available".  Basically if both entries were merged it would have the complete details.  This run then does not get transferred into Strava so I have to manually enter it.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @cdenvir, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums, welcome back!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and the details that were shared with me, seems odd that your Ionic device is behaving in such way. To better assist you with this and because your device has a built-in GPS chip on it, can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced this issue and how many times since then? Are you tracking your exercise directly with the Exercise Shortcuts or with the SmartTrack auto-recognition feature?

In the meantime I receive your answers, I suggest you to restart your Ionic and check the information that's specified on our help article: Why isn't GPS working on my Fitbit device?. In regards the Strava issue, note the following types of activities won't sync to Strava:

• Non-GPS activities 
  • Previous activities that weren’t tracked by Strava.
  • Duplicate activities—that is, if you already recorded an activity with Strava, a Fitbit activity that occurs at the same time won't sync.

Also, try the troubleshooting steps for the Stava app that are on: How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit device?

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Ricardo

It's been over a year since I've actually been able to get my iconic to connect to GPS therefore just used the FitBit app on my phone. Previous to this, when I was able to get a signal, my iconic was set to vibrate at every half mile however, once it did, it would stop tracking and go to the main watch screen.  I then had to go to the Run shortcut, get a GPS signal again and then start tracking again.  This was highly frustrating as in a half marathon, I would have a 0.5 mile run and then a 12.5 mile run.

This new issue with the FitBit app just started happening at the beginning of March at a half marathon.  I live in Colorado at 8,000ft and most of my trails are through the mountains where there may be spotty GPS coverage however its not an issue with the GPS on my phone.  The other thing to note is if the iconic is not capable of recording runs through the Colorado mountains, then maybe it's not the best watch for us Coloradans.

Thanks, Colin

Best Answer
0 Votes