Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not tracking steps or heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic stopped tracking heart rate a couple weeks ago, and now won’t track steps. I have restarted it, does nothing. Uninstalled and reinstalled device, does nothing. Finally, I did a full factory reset. It didn’t help the heart rate, but recorded steps! Yay! Now two days later, back to doing nothing! 

All up to date (ionic and iPhone 10). I don’t know what else to do, any advice?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I have the same problem after the last update. On advice from support, I did a factory reset and a following update. Alle functioned again and stopped after 1,5 days.

I gave up.

Best Answer
Thanks for your insights! I have a feeling I will have to switch to an Apple Watch.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @KFermanichIt’s good to see you in the community, @Henkt.

@KFermanich Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I understand how you are feeling and recommend making sure your heart-rate tracking is turned on: on your device, open the Settings app > Heart Rate > tap to turn the setting On. For more tips to resolve the issue with heart-rate tracking, see What factors can affect my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device? Regarding the issue with steps, please try the following:

1. Confirm the steps to restart the device: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  2. Switch to a Fitbit clock face: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device? 

@Henkt I am sorry to hear about your experience. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your efforts to resolve this and working with our Support team. I recommend you continue working with them since they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate your tips on troubleshooting my device. I have been using this ionic for over three years. I wear it 24/7 (minus the 30-40 minutes when I charge it while I grab a shower and get ready in the morning).  I have exhausted all possible settings changes, downloads, clock face changes. Nothing makes the heart rate work. Steps come and go. Most days are fine and then all of a sudden it just stops. Usually takes 2-3 restarts to get it to work. It seems to me that my device is just slowly dying to the point of needing to be replaced. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @KFermanich.

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I understand your concern and recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can look deeper into the issue and help you with this matter. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes