Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not tracking steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit ionic stopped counting steps. I’ve restarted it and charged it multiple times, but nothing works. Any ideas on how to resolve this? Thanks 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @DavidGA, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for trying some troubleshooting steps before posting over here. Because our restart process didn't fix the issue, can you please try changing your device's clock face? If this doesn't work, please try our factory reset following the next steps:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details. 

Take in consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account and your applications, alarms, etc. 

I'll be here if further assistance is needed.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hi @DavidGA, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for trying some troubleshooting steps before posting over here. Because our restart process didn't fix the issue, can you please try changing your device's clock face? If this doesn't work, please try our factory reset following the next steps:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details. 

Take in consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account and your applications, alarms, etc. 

I'll be here if further assistance is needed.

Best Answer

Thanks for your helpful reply. So far your recommendation is working, although I’ve had some previous “fixes” work for a few hours and then stop. Hopefully this will do the trick.

Best Answer

You're welcome @DavidGA, your update is appreciated.

I'm happy to know that the steps from my previous post solved your issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me back if you require further assistance in the future or if you have any additional questions for me to answer, I'll be here ready to help you out. 

Thanks for being part of the Fitbit family, it was a pleasure to assist you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, it’s already stopped counting steps again.

Any further suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your update @DavidGA.

I'm sorry to know that you're still experiencing difficulties with your Ionic. Let me share with you that our Customer Support team was contacted on your behalf to provide you further assistance with the difficulties you're currently experiencing. Please keep an eye on your email inbox because they'll be in touch with you pretty soon.

In the meantime they contact you, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

DavidGA,
Thank you for your suggestions to my Iconic Watch ( actually it is a Versa ) problem. Simply changing the clock face solved everything.

Christine 

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer

Hi @Krispin211, welcome aboard.

I'm happy to know that after changing the clock face of your Versa the issue was resolved. Please do not hesitate to contact me back if you require further assistance in the future or if you have any additional questions for me to answer, I'll be here ready to help you out. 

Thanks for being part of the Fitbit family.

Best Answer
0 Votes

my Fitbit iconic will not register my steps. I have already changed the clock face twice and I did the system reset which was suggested in this post and it's still not counting my steps.  what do I do? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

same issue, been in contact with support twice. The factory reset both times. Both times a short step track seems to work. Any long run or walk and while the GPS tracks the run ( I can see it on the map ) the KM's and steps are completely borked. A known 5K run is now showing between .8 and 2K random like.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

My Ionic is not counting steps. I worked out this morning for 4 1/2 miles and have 2451 steps.

i reset it, changed my clock and did the factory reboot and still not working.

any suggestions on what I do next?

Thanks,

5morganpk

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s good to see you in the community, @5morganpk.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I recommend confirming the following are correct in the Fitbit app:

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes