Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not turning on or responding

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic switched itself off (despite having charge) and won’t come back on. I’ve tried the 2 and 3 button restart. Is a factory restore likely to be any help if I can’t even switch the watch on? It’s only 12 months old, really disappointing 😞

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everybody thanks for reaching our the Forums.

@gdakin Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We're actively reviewing your responses and providing feedback to our product development team.

@gbessa Nice to see your here. I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. Please keep an eye in your email inbox, you'll get some information about your case.

@Anthropologist Welcome to the Forums! Thanks for getting in touch with our friends from Twitter, I'd like to confirm with you these steps. If this is not working I can request a case for you with our support team. Keep me posted!

Thanks  for the suggestion @Borris01 and @Nicky_k, your comments are greatly appreciated. 

@Leonidas5454 Thanks for trying those steps, so I've requested to our Support team to create a case on your behalf. You should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

@NSure That's a really good tip, thanks for sharing this with us. I hope this help other facing similar issues with the Ionic.

@VitaJoy Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Did you try the steps here. Keep us posted.

I'll be around in case that you have questions. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
56 REPLIES 56

My 14 month old Ionic did the same thing a week ago. It seemed to happen shortly after I updated the watch OS. 

I've had difficulty before with getting it back alive after discharging, but this is different. No amount of button pressing, leaving on charger for hours, etc has any effect. It shows zero signs of life. It was working fine right up until it suddenly died

Super disappointing  

Best Answer

My Ionic has just done the same thing, it was working perfectly and all of a sudden, nothing! Won't turn on, won't charge. I'm not sure where we stand as mine is probably 13months old.

Best Answer

@Nicky_k wrote:

My Ionic switched itself off (despite having charge) and won’t come back on. I’ve tried the 2 and 3 button restart. Is a factory restore likely to be any help if I can’t even switch the watch on? It’s only 12 months old, really disappointing 😞

Yeah is a very common issue more and more now.  Best is to contact Tech Support right away.  If dead they will normally replace the device for you.  That at least gets you up and running again.  Applies to everyone posting in this Help Forum.

Vote if this helps you at all and Vote if this is a solution to your issue [Current Leader in Ionic Forum with 15 Solutions + Thumbs Up 92]
Really there is no need to suffer in Frustration - simply call Tech Support at 877-623-4997 and get your Ionic replaced right now while you can
Many have followed this straightforward advice and now have a replacement Ionic - we all should have “zero tolerance” for any defective Ionic

Best Answer

I just went through online chat support. After troubleshooting and confirming the device is broken, I was offered a 25% discount on a future device (I guess I'm supposed to just have faith this won't happen again).

Beyond frustrating. I'm never buying another Fitbit device. 

Best Answer

@lungfisk wrote:

I just went through online chat support. After troubleshooting and confirming the device is broken, I was offered a 25% discount on a future device (I guess I'm supposed to just have faith this won't happen again).

Beyond frustrating. I'm never buying another Fitbit device. 

Yep has been reported 25 up to 40% offered on another device.  Problem is many users have multiple devices replaced so the reliability is very questionable.  Probs would not spend any more money on any Fitbit device in the future.  With screens popping off and bricking of many devices -> the risk is way too high.  My first one was replaced after only about one week of use.  That was a big hassle to get it loaded with music again.

But is always interesting to hear how happy users are after getting a replacement device.  They are elated.  But thinking about it -> that means the first one was a dud.  Why are there so many duds?  Question then becomes when will the replacement fail?  Hmm?

Vote if this helps you at all and Vote if this is a solution to your issue [Current Leader in Ionic Forum with 15 Solutions + Thumbs Up 92]
Really there is no need to suffer in Frustration - simply call Tech Support at 877-623-4997 and get your Ionic replaced right now while you can
Many have followed this straightforward advice and now have a replacement Ionic - we all should have “zero tolerance” for any defective Ionic

Best Answer

Sounds like I'll be getting a Garmin instead, it's very poor when you fork out $400 and only get 12 months use. How good is there design, how it fails a minth out of warranty! Great work fitbit, sounds like you've lost current and future customers. With social media and word of mouth, expect zero referral business.

Best Answer

Just went through the online tech support with Fitbit. Very pleased to say with just out of warranty they are sending me just a new tracker unit. Very fast and thorough chat with them. Happy they are sending me a New Ionic. 

Best Answer

Glad to hear they're doing the right thing for some, although the inconsistency sort of adds an extra layer of frustration. 

What gets me is that it seems like what's happening with so many of our Ionics is not some unforeseeable manufacturing defect, but a systemic problem, possibly with the update. If true, they made a mistake that broke otherwise functional devices. It doesn't seem right that owners should have to bear the cost of their error. 

Meh... 

Best Answer
Thanks for your reply, that gives me some hope! I’ve contacted support online so fingers crossed.....

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Go the interactive support and type with them. It was very quick.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: Removed personal info

Best Answer

What i find amazing is, we are on the Fitbit website and driving this forum. It's not like this forum is on Facebook or other social media. This is a great opportunity for fitbit, to be proactive, read the forum and say yeah, there is an issue and we are going to actively fix the problem by contacting each and everyone individually. I mean our email is at their disposal! I hate doing the leg work for other companies mistakes, take ownership and get it sorted!

Best Answer

I've had my ionic a little over a year and this morning my alarm didn't go off. Ionic is dead.  Screen black but it was fully charged.  The sensors on tnr back are not lit. Emailed customer support.  May switch to a Galaxy watch.  Too bad because I loved my ionic..

Best Answer

RHM02, unfortunately it seems like this is standard operating procedure for Fitbit. They have no interest in doing the "right" thing, because apparently that's not a part of their business model. 

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me.. You can't get fooled again! (lol, thank you gwb)

At this point Fitbit has made it pretty clear that if you want a company that stands behind its hardware and supports its customers, they are not the droid you're looking for.

The onus is on us to quit Fitbit and tell everyone we know to do the same. *Maybe* then they'd listen. 

Best Answer

Thanks I’ve now done that and the good news is they are sending a replacement device.

Cheers

Moderator edit: Removed personal info

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Nicky_k@RHM02@Dgkra. Hello @lungfisk, and @Borris01.

I apologize for the delay in my response. 

I could see that most of you have gotten in touch with your support team. Thanks for sharing your experiences on the situation. If you have any questions on the Warranty and returns policy, you can read more about it by clicking here.

@RHM02 I have reached out to our support team and they should be contacting you about this situation. Please be sure to keep an eye on your inbox.

@Nicky_k Glad to read that you are being sent a replacement.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Exactly the same thing here with my ionic. I had mine for 16 months. The discount towards a replacement is nice but definitely some lost confidence here. Especially when I know people still happily using their 1st gen Apple watches. The battery life is what always brings me back to fitbit though. 

Best Answer

Not everyone. I have a water issue with my Ionic and the support told that they can't do nothing because I am outside US.

Best Answer

Ugh. This sounds just like what I'm experiencing with my ionic. It was fully charged this morning and apparently still had a full battery when it last synced at noon, but now it won't turn on at all. I left it on the charger for an hour, but it still won't boot up. 

I've had it since Black Friday 2017, so it's probably out of warranty. I contacted Fitbit support via Twitter. Fingers crossed. Whatever happened to the days of making products to last? Especially flagship models at a premium price .:-\

Best Answer

Contact their interactive support and talk to them. They were very helpful for me. Sending a New Ionic in mail. If you have receipt and or where you purchased from they should be able to help. Talk to them directly-interactive.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer