Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not turning on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It's 2 days that my Ionic doesn't work. I tried everything, holding buttons for 30 seconds and whatever.. But it is dead.. What I have to do now? I bought it one year ago.. It's sad it doesn't work after little time.. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

I’ve had my iconic for less than eight weeks and I am experiencing the same thing it is completely dead. This is extremely frustrating as I chose this over alternatives. Surely there is a warranty that covers this or a fix? Very disappointed so far

Best Answer

My wife's is dead too. After calling customer support and trying everything we were offered a discount code yet the devices are cheaper on Amazon without the code. And the devices they let you pick from are limited. This is unacceptable! This is the 4th or 5th device that has died over the years. We have a drawer full of dead devices. They used to replace them under loyalty. Now they have cracked down and force you to buy a new one. After my device dies we are buying Android watches. 

Best Answer

I wish I would’ve done more research. Shame on me I guess?  Even spent the extra for the fit bit premium service. Shameful that they won’t support their custom 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi TWenny, yes it is very frustrating.. And I cant believe that fitbit doesnt have a policy to take care of this problems..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is dying😪😪

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think that the customer support should be one of the most important things for every company. But I m experiencing that the fitbit customer support doesn't exist.. It is very difficult to understand how contact them from Italy.. It seems you can only send them a message on Twitter.. But when I try they always say "ops something went wrong.."

I feel disappointed because I trusted fitbit.. and now I understand that they don't care about their customers but they care only about easy money

Best Answer

Mine the same so frustrating  😒  I phoned them up tried everything  still not working  a watch that is over 200 pound plus to buy they offered me 20% buying a new one 

Duscusting  customer  services  ,mind u its fitbits fault they set the rules 

I have been with fitbit for years no loyalty  to there customers  I will not be buying again 

Best Answer

If less than 12mths old  they should send u a new one out 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.

Todd   

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Black screen!!! 
completely dead 😞

Best Answer

@Andr3a78 @TWenny @TWenny Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. 

I appreciate the details mentioned. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and someone will reply to you as soon as possible. Keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations, we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

@damon05 @jane69 Hey there. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with Fitbit. Your feedback and comments are really appreciated, our team reviews each case individually and the option provided is based in the Fitbit Warranty. 

@Sportyspicey A warm welcome to the Community. In order to provide you with the appropriate troubleshooting, please provide me more details about what you're experiencing. Is your Ionic not turning on? Is your watch not charging? 

As a side note, Fitbit has different channels of communication, you could check them out in this page

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes my ionic is not turning on. It's dead from about a week. I tried everything (like charging it, pressing the bottoms in every possibile combination..). But nothing.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try this, my Ionic wouldn't charge and then wouldn't turn back on. Here is what I found and it is charging right now. 

Blaze, Ionic & Versa series

Best Answer

a year warranty

---------------------------------

I have the same problem. My Ionic worked great, never a problem. Fitbit sent a message to perform an update. Update started, Fitbit went blank. Troubleshooting did not help. I spent 250. and took great care of my Ionic. Fitbit has the data, agreed that it died during the update, yet refuses to accept responsibility. They broke it and only offered only a small discount for a new one. I am so bummed about it. I cannot afford to replace it. I am so disappointed in their lack of customer service. 

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer

In Italy the warranty must be 2 year.. that's LAW.. but i m understanding that fitbit has his laws.. i m still very disappointed..

Best Answer

@marianne68 Thanks for sharing your experience with our Support team. Our team reviews each case individually and the option provided is based in the Fitbit Warranty. If you have any questions about the option given, reply back to the case that you already have with them. 

@Andr3a78 Thanks for getting back. Please continue the communication through email, our team will be happy to continue assisting you through email. 

@JFish Thanks for sharing the procedure that fixed your issue. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

To SilviaFitbit,

I cannot follow your advice. The communication I have had with Fitbit Support borders on incoherent and I am not referring to their obvious inability to use spellcheck. To avoid embarrassing them, I would gladly copy their “support” emails to you privately. They repeatedly refer me to the warranty although they know my Fitbit is over one year old. They are unable to offer any troubleshooting advice. I am very grateful to the people in the Fitbit community who readily offer troubleshooting suggestions and by the way, the Fitbit community members are actually the Fitbit Support Team. I am very disappointed and surprised with the lack of customer service from Fitbit as the products are expensive and should operate longer than one year. At least make a little effort to try to fix a problem.

Best Answer

@marianne68 Thanks for getting back.

I truly appreciate that you shared additional feedback about our Support team, we're always striving to provide with excellent customer service. Be sure that your comments won't be unnoticed and I've shared this with them. 

As you mentioned, they offered a discount, every option they provide is based in the Fitbit Warranty. If you would like to clarify this please reply back to the case that you have with them as they already have your case details and we'll be happy to provide further information about it. 

Thanks for your understanding. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I dont care about "fitbit warranty" because, as I ve already said, in ITALY (and in other countries) there is something called LAW that establish that the warranty MUST be 2 year. And I dont care about discount, because i bought 1 year ago a fitbit ionic al full price I have have the right to have it. Do u know apple? I have an iphone.. it was dead like my Ionic..but they (apple) brought the iphone and when they understood that it was dead, under warranty, they give me a new one. For FREE. maybe there is sometging to learn about them.. so.. i did everything you ask me to do but the ionic is stile dead.. completly.. And i m gong to buy a new garmin or polar.. And I am still vero disappointed about FITBIT and I feel betrayed.. And me and my family will not but anymore fitbit products.. that's all. Anyway I really appreciate the kindness of tre fitbit moderator, you are gentle and nice, but in practice you cant solve my problem. Goodbye everybody. #DONT BUY FITBIT ANYMORE 

Best Answer