Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not working after latest software update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit ionic is not working after new software installation. The watch is booting, asking for the security code I installed because of payment and then start to eork by itself by displaying every 5 second that the was nothing new … back and forth. Then it switches to exercise and displaying detailed function options - however no button work. I have rebooted the watch now several times - the bug is nit going away. I am very disappointed - I should not have updated tge watch - now I can through it away - any hlep?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @ACausAU.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I understand how you are feeling about this situation. I was able to see that you have already contacted our Support team regarding this. I am sure they tried their best to help you, each case is reviewed individually and a solution that's being provided is based on the Fitbit Warranty. I appreciate your understanding and hope to keep you in the Fitbit family.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks - in the meantime I had to realize that the sensor is not working anymore - might be that some water is in the watch - even not used while swimming or under the shower. I had a very rainy day while hiking :-(. Looks like the water resistance is fading out over time :-(. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @ACausAU.

I appreciate the additional details and thank you for sharing your concern. While you can check the information about water resistance on your Fitbit device here, I understand how you are feeling about this situation. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Turn your tracker off and on again using the instructions in How do I restart my Fitbit device? Restart your mobile device. Try the firmware update again. If it doesn't work, on a different mobile device or computer (if available) log into your Fitbit account and try updating your firmware.

AdvancedMD

Best Answer

It’s good to see you in the community, @Mohan6.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your helpful tips. I am sure this information will be useful, thank you for your time and efforts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit refused to replaced my Ionic after it abruptly ceased to function without any fault of my own. Their customer service team members were very unfriendly too. 😔 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @pfdavis.

I am sorry to hear about your experience, I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your feedback as it helps us to keep improving. I am sure our Support team tried to help you in the best possible manner and provide you options based on the Fitbit Warranty. I appreciate your understanding and hope to keep you in the Fitbit family.

Best Answer
0 Votes