Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not working correctly - Hot to touch

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I am hoping someone can help. I have received a small burn from  my fitbit iconic. 

I have not had any issues with it before but today it got so hot it has burnt my wrist.

I couldn't even hold it in my hand it was so hot.

Can anyone tell me if this is something that can happen and what can I do.

It took approx 40-50 mins to cool down but isn't on should I charge it or will that be dangerous.

Thank you in advance

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I have received a small burn from  my fitbit iconic... It took approx 40-50 mins to cool down but isn't on should I charge it or will that be dangerous.

Sounds like the electronics (and/or battery) may be cooked (fried). Connect it to a charger and monitor it. Try the 3 button restart procedure, whilst it's connected to the charger. If it boots up I would unpair it from your phone and then reset it and setup as from new. Closely monitoring any increase in heat from the case.

If you're not comfortable trying to resurrect the device, you need to contact Fitbit support regardless of whether the device "recovers" or not - as this is a significant issue they need to address.

It sounds like it has failed catastrophically. Hopefully Fitbit will do the right thing by you regardless of your device warranty status. 

You need to contact Fitbit support - as this is a significant issue they need to address.

Best Answer

Hi @Michlaws, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for all the details that were shared in your post. Let me share with you that our Customer Support team was contacted on your behalf to provide you further assistance with this situation. Please keep an eye on your email inbox because they'll be in touch with you pretty soon. 

@PaulMe Thanks for the helpful information that was shared in your post.

In the meantime they contact you, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes