Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic notifications while buzzer is off on Iphone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got my Ionic today since my Pebble Time 2 died (oh the irony). I had no previous experience with fitbits, so I've faced certain issues with notifications. Phone: Iphone 6S plus, 12.1 IOs. Latest (2.2) firmware in Ionic.  It seems that when the phone is on "do not disturb" or 'buzzer off" (side switch toggle), the Ionic will not show any notifications. Pebble had separated from the phone silent mode. If the phone is in DND or Buzzer Off, Pebble will be sending notifications with vibrations till it go to its own "silent mode" or till you do that manually (left button).

The thing is, this type of notifications was the best for me - normally my phone is in silent mode and all the notifications I got were from my Pebble. Is it possible to arrange the same on Fitbit? I do not want to have my phone to be in constant "sounding" mode, don't want it to make any sounds except vibro. Is it possible?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'm not sure if the iOS app is the same, but on android there is a toggle to override the dnd. 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon User-added image> your device image. 
  2. Scroll down and tap Notifications.
  3. Toggle on Always vibrate.

Screenshot_2018-12-03-16-29-26.png

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I'm not sure if the iOS app is the same, but on android there is a toggle to override the dnd. 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon User-added image> your device image. 
  2. Scroll down and tap Notifications.
  3. Toggle on Always vibrate.

Screenshot_2018-12-03-16-29-26.png

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes