Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic phantom touch on screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday my ionic began to behave as if I was touching the screen even when I am not.

This has initiated exercise tracking, started alarms, opened apps and activities the screen.

The battery is draining faster than usual.

I have recorded video of the screen operating by itself.

I have cleaned the screen, done a reset and fully charged the watch. None of this has fixed the issue. 

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@Matchew Welcome to our Fitbit Community. Regarding the screen and battery draining issues that your Ionic has experienced, I appreciate the time spent trying to get it resolved before contacting our forums.

Since the issue persists, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected and our Support team will be happy to follow up and assist you accordingly.

See you around.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been experiencing a similar problem,

Did you get a solution from support?

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine hasn't opened any apps or done any exercise tracking without me doing anything.  but touch screen is acting up after a reset only 1/2 the screen is responding to touch.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sameness @arctic75 Thank you for joining us in this thread. Since you mentioned that you are still experiencing the same issue, please get in touch with our Support team via chat or phone by going to the link that I shared in my previous post. Our team will be happy to follow up and assist you accordingly.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still no luck with getting my bit to work properly, though it now seems to respond on one side of the screen.

Seems to be something in the firmware is my guess. Resets and restarts haven't done jack to getting it working again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@arctic75 I totally understand how you feel about this and I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit device is still unable to work, even after trying the recommended steps.

Please go to this page so you can be assisted by our Support team via phone or chat. They'll be happy to follow up with your case.

See you later.

Best Answer