Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic problem need to be fixed ASAP

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I love the watch when it works. Problem is that it never works!! Have dealt with customer service 4 times to resolve. Each time they walk through a factory reset and it works for one sync. I am not about to factory reset every day.  This is very frustrating. And am about to switch to a garmin. This is ridiculous! When i look at forums, many people are having this issue. What a shame fitbit iant fixing it for a very wide base of ionic users. 

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I love the watch when it works. Problem is that it never works!! Have dealt with customer service 4 times to resolve. Each time they walk through a factory reset and it works for one sync. I am not about to factory reset every day.  This is very frustrating. And am about to switch to a garmin. This is ridiculous! When i look at forums, many people are having this issue. What a shame fitbit iant fixing it for a very wide base of ionic users. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry about your problems, but if you would like help, we will need more info then the factory reset. I'm 4 years I've only done a factory reset once. Please help us by including the phone model that your asking about. 

Best Answer

I've had the same issue since June 25th, it just wont sync. Ive been through the steps of resetting and rebooting phone, logging out of my Fitbit app, turning bluetooth off for 10 seconds.. Ugh it's getting annoying!

Best Answer

Can't help you much @Trishrey without knowing which phone your having problems with.

Best Answer

My phone is the Samsung Note 8

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll assume you have already been on the sync help page

Depending your phone, these tips might make syncing easier:

• Turn on the Always Connected option in the Fitbit app. This setting improves the Bluetooth connection between your phone and Fitbit device. Note that turning on this feature may cause the battery on your Fitbit device to drain more quickly than normal.
  • Turn on All-Day Sync in the Fitbit app. This setting prompts your Fitbit device to periodically sync with the Fitbit app but may shorten battery life on your phone or Fitbit device.

If your Fitbit device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app
  2. I'm adding the following
  3. Clear the Fitbit cache and data
  4. Swipe any unneeded apps out of memory
  5. Restart the tracker How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  6. Restart the phone. 
  7. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  8. Open the Fitbit 
  9. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it. For instructions see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  10. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.
  11. If your Fitbit device won't sync after you reinstall the app, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync. 
Best Answer

I'm with other frustrated and let-down users. This is such a hassle.

I'm on an iPhone 6S Plus. My Ionic will only sync when I remove and reset the watch from the app. 

I have no problems with any other bluetooth device, but have had a constant issue with this watch.

The watch software is up to date (32.10.20), my phone is up to date (11.4.1), the battery on both is fully charged. 

I've had to reset my watch every week for months now. Is there a permanent fix to this, or do we keep on resetting?

Best Answer
0 Votes