Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic's date and day wrong and repeating.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday it was saying it was Sunday the 6th. Earlier today it was Sunday the 7th. Sometime today it started showing the date was Monday the 7th. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

In the Fitbit app,click on your icon/photo.scroll down to advanced settings, make sure the Automatic time zone is on and Automatic location is also on. FWIW I toggled off Automatic time zone and manually set my time zone, then toggles back to on again. Make sure the Ionic is regularly syncing.

Check your phone date/time settings are correct and preferably on Automatic settings.

May need to remove the Ionic from the app, uninstall and then reinstall the app and pair the Ionic again. If it were me I would also reboot the Ionic and phone before setting up again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The time is correct. 
Kathy

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I understand the time is correct, but the date is taken from time zone info, hence the reason to check if on automatic settings. The Ionic needs to sync to the phone and receive regularly updated date/time info. These devices are not very accurate when free running. In fact they quickly go out of accurate time and date.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, but I have already tried those ideas before asking.
I still don’t understand. It is showing the same date for 2 days. In no time zone would it have both Saturday and Sunday be the 7th. I don’t know exactly when it changed but yesterday was Sunday and Monday the 7th. Right now it is showing me it is Monday the 8th. 
I did get a new watch face. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok it changes to the next day at 8 pm. (Tuesday to Wednesday)The date doesn’t change. It is still the 9th. . Well maybe it does at midnight. Not up then so I don’t know lolol 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sometimeslost It's nice to see you on the Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

@PaulMe Thanks for your assistance. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried. It's pretty weird that your Ionic is syncing and the timezone is correct but it's still showing you an incorrect date. Please try restarting your Ionic and change the clock face to one developed by Fitbit. 

If you're still experiencing this, please attach a picture of what you're seeing on your watch. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

6FDDF58F-A0B2-4FEB-99D2-56C06C4CD170.jpeg

7:59 Wednesday 

Best Answer
0 Votes

8:00 pm ignore my steps . I have an injury 

8A37E2C0-A279-4C4B-9875-9BD69CE449DC.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes