Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic's firmware isn't updating

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The firmware update is appearing to be held up due to lack of bluetooth connectivity.  Not working over wi-fi.  

Using IOS - Apple phone only got my fitbit today.  Not able to use it until it has updated completely.  Unsure if there is some kind of issue with the watch?  Is this an issue for all Apple users

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121
Wow! That's great they reached out to you and it worked 🙂 honestly
congratulations
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried every one of these troubleshooting suggestions multiple times and still no luck in updating software. Will start process just fine and then about ten minutes in just hangs and nothing happens -- for hours -- just stops loading, freezes. Then have to restart ionic... was hopeful 2.1 firmware was going to fix the problem --- no dice. Frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
We all are.
Hopefully they will see all these and contact us.
Their fix doesn't work
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit REALLY SORT THIS OUT. Yes SHOUTING!!! Blueetooth error! Wifi error. For years I have used your devices but updating the ionic on iPhones is s pain. DO YOU TEST THE SOFTWARE UPDATES ON IPHONES. Don’t say do a desktop update. You either support iphone updates or you don’t. I have wasted time away from home trying to update firmware. Powered down ionic on numerous occasions, bluetooth doesn’t work, yet updates stats!!!!!! Your premium product just is not supported correctly. SORT IT OUT!!!

Best Answer

Can't get my Ionic to update either. I've tried everything mentioned. Won't load the update.

Samsung Galaxy Note8.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Android phone and am getting same error message.  Wouldn't allow me.to update firmware.   Very frustring and annoying 

Best Answer

I have done everything, torn the forums apart, and still cant get my IONIC to work. Samsung S7 Edge. I wish I could get some sort of exchange. The product used to work and doesn't anymore. Very frustrating and fitbit has certainly lost me as a customer unless this can be fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I had the Fitbit flex. Never a problem.with updating it syncing. But
with the Ionic always have to force a sync. More than once or twice some
times 3 or 4 times bride it works and the updates are as you are well away
a PITA to get them to download. I have a Moto Z Play 2. When I had the
flex I had an HTC. I loved my HTC phones.
Best Answer
0 Votes

6 months of torture. Fitbit is going back to Target. No more Fitbit products for me.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have not been able to update or sync mine now for a number of days. I’m an Apple user and Fitbit going back to store as it does not work

Best Answer

I use Android and I had trouble updating as well it's still not a hundred percent accurate period return while you can

Best Answer
Hi there,
I did. Luckily John Lewis is a great store as my old Blaze died a death done six months in and this ionic died eight months in. John Lewis just gave me a credit note but, low and behold, the ionic has gone down in price so I walked out £61 richer.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi I have bought this device only 3 days back from INDIA and not able to sink the same with my OP2 (bluetooth 6.01)

It always show the error that you have put wrong code and update of firmware require to OS 2.01. If I click update the same shows that try will bluetooth or try with WIFI.

No resolution I had shown the same to 2  (two) FITBIT technicians but got no resolution. I had also tried pairing the same with MOTO G5 plus but did not worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave note 8 and I can't get my Fitbit Ionic to update. So I am not able to use. I hope this is fitted soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry but I can’t update my fitbit ionic  to ios2.1 even after having tried all your suggestions. This is the first time it happens. My using IPhone.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit - people first logged this complaint on 2/7/18 - it is now late on 15/7/18 - I am unable to sync as I cannot update my icon (not through iPhone or Mac).  You've replied twice and there are so many messages.  What is going on?  What is the fix?  Where is your customer service?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up and was able to return my Fitbit,  I am glad i discovered this before it was too late.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Piece of crap. I am not being able to update ionic firmware for last 3 months.  I gave up on it and unfortunately can not return the product either. so $300 scrap. Will never buy another fit bit product or recommend anybody to buy it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you work with Fitbit support?  They were able to help me within minutes once I got them on instant messenger.
Anthony
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to reset to factory settings. It has updated normally since then

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes