Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic loses time each day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic is losing ten minutes of time each day ever since I updated the app and updated the tracker ? I have to sync the watch a couple times a day any solutions otherwise the watch is being returned !

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

A couple of thoughts I have .

Try a restart of the ionic, or better yet, do a shutdown through the ionic settings menu. 

Turn on all day sync for the ionic .

Contact Fitbit and have them take a look at the tracker. 

Best Answer
Thanks for the help all day sync is always on and I have reset both the phone and the app?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @RKD22! Thanks for following @Rich_Laue's recommendation. Since you're still having this issue, I'd like to make sure about the following:

Your Fitbit app is up-to-date. The version for iOS is 2.53.1:

1. Tap the App Store app.
  2. Tap the Updates tab. If the Fitbit app has an update, you’ll see it in the Available Updates list.
  3. Tap Update.

If your apps update automatically, check the Updated list to see if the Fitbit app was updated.

And for Android 2.74.2:

1. Tap the Play Store app.
  2. Tap or click the menu icon in the top left corner.
  3. Tap My apps & games. If the Fitbit app has an update, you’ll see it in the Updates list.
  4. Tap Update.

If your apps update automatically, check the Recently updated or Up to date list to see if the Fitbit app was updated.

Also, make sure that your Fitbit Ionic is updated to firmware version 27.32.10.20. Once you've made sure about these 2 things, I'd do the following:

• Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Restart your tracker 
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app
  • Sync

If the issue persists, take a look at this post of mine to make sure that your timezone is synchronizing correctly with your watch. 

Keep @Rich_Laue and me posted!  

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RKD22- I noticed that start to happen, but maybe only since last week. Mine has now died, so cannot provide anything further from Tuesday onwards.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also started having this problem a week ago. My watch randomly stops syncing with my phone during the night when I'm asleep, and when I wake up, my watch will sometimes be *30 MINUTES* off of the actual time. Good thing I am not using my Fitbit Ionic as an alarm, or I would have been very late to work!

Best Answer

Thanks for all for the help fitbit have suggested a factory reset wiping all the data and restarting again. This has resulted in the setting up the watch again which it does successfully until you update the tracker it fails both with Bluetooth and WiFi both on a iphone and laptop with windows 10 and latest iOS and reverts back to set up mode ! The watch will be returned back to the store !

Best Answer

I too have been experiencing similar issues to your. I have noticed one thing since trying to get this tracker right for the last two days. Is your iPhone's Bluetooth able to find the device? Add to that I have noticed a significant drop in the battery life. I took mine off the charger less than an hour ago at 100% and it's already down to 87%. Sadly mine is old enough were it cannot be returned.

Best Answer

My ionic loses two hours a day!  I’ve done everything. Reset, Synch (shouldn’t have to do this once per hour), recharge the phone (Should I leave it docked 24/7 so it can keep accurate time?). Excuse the sarcasm, but none of the cannned solutions seem to work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

FYI. None of the recommended solutions work?  What now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the top right corner of every page is a slide out menu that has the Contact Fitbit Support link which also may be found under the help guide in the Fitbit App. 

Sometimes the help needed is beyond what your fellow Fitbit users are able to offer. 

Best Answer

I did all of that No change

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there
I exhausted all the solutions and got a new Ionic watch from the retailer it’s my 5th Fitbit watch and it’s approaching its warranty date now. If this one fails I’m switching to an Apple Watch instead.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes