Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic screen, HR and battery issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased this Ionic last June this is my second Ionic and 4th Fitbit, my first Ionic lasted over 2 years and was worn 24/7 and activities used almost daily.  This current Ionic just started acting up.  The screen goes dim on its own, the green light for HR monitor is constantly on and not accurate it reads a HR while charging on the counter?! It is draining the battery so quickly it not useable for my runs or workouts, or to track sleep.  Sometimes within a couple of hours of being charged it goes to zero battery and black screen.  I am supper frustrated as I count on this device for so many of its functions physical activities daily, but also to track sleep, and it is my alarm clock, and a quiet connection to my family while I am at work. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @JeannieOpp.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your experience and issues you're experiencing with your watch. I understand how you are feeling and recommend trying the following:

1. Restart the device: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  2. Switch to a Fitbit clock face: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?
  3. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  4. Verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. For instructions, see this help article.
  5. Restart your phone and log back into the app.
  6. Force close the app. 

You can check our tips to maximize your Fitbit device's battery life in Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life? For instructions to resolve any difficulties with tracking heart rate, see What factors can affect my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

I have tried all of these tips and now my Ionic has gone black and will not even turn on or charge
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @JeannieOpp.

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can evaluate your device's behavior and help you with this matter. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes