Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic screen blank

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen is blanked and I have done the hard reset (left button and bottom right button). I’ve tried this fix at least twenty times. My ionic was working fine when I placed it on the charger Friday night. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Darrenozratc try a factory reset, but if that doesnt revive it, please come back here for further assistance.

FACTORY RESET USING BUTTONS
On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

If the device turns on, please go back to the Fitbit app and setup your device back to your account with these steps. Make sure your watch is plugged into a wall plug or a computer, next to the router and that there are no other trackers or devices with Bluetooth on nearby when setting up.  Please log into your account, go to account on the upper right corner, there look for "setup a device" and tap on it. Follow the instructions on the screen and let the watch charge for 2 hours.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Was able to accomplish the factory reset but it didn’t fix the issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for trying the factory reset. I have flagged your post for a moderators assistance.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

What's happening with this device? More and more threads are popping with people with dead Ionics. This is the company's flagship.

Really bad. :X

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ditto over here!   I received an ionic from my wife for my birthday in March of 2018 and right around the year mark of having this watch my heart rate sensor would intermittently stop functioning, and my screen would flash bright white on occasion, then about middle of April my watch battery went from lasting several days to suddenly barely lasting over one Now this morning it doesn’t display anything. Was working perfectly fine night before last other than battery length. Tried factory resetting it and can see it’s powered on and synced. But no display. I just find this frustrating as it’s a hardware malfunction and happened almost immediately after factory warranty expired. my previous charge2 acted up around the year mark as well I was offered an okay discount if I replaced and thought to myself “oh well maybe time for an upgrade soon” but this watch is considerably more expensive and i’m not impressed with its “shelf life” I’m an active user and think this should warrant it being replaced but don’t think a 40% discount is satisfactory. Have read many comments in the fit bit community on these ionics and this seems to be happening to many many users almost immediately after “warranty expires”

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys, thanks for your participation in the Community.

@NellyG, appreciate the input.

@Darrenozratc@MacQuarrieJM and @xchatter, have you tried to change your clock faces? If you haven't, I recommend trying this following the instructions provided in the help article: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?.

And if you want to know more about our warranty, click here.

Let me know the outcome. 😊

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

A discount definitely wouldn’t be satisfactory. My Ionic is less than a year old and I really like it but it needs fixed or replaced.

Best Answer
0 Votes