Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic screen fading, not displaying complete screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic screen has slowly lost its brightness.  Woke up to a completely black screen the other day.   Did a factory reset, screen was bright as new until I tried touching it.  Then it faded to half grey and Half black.  Any thoughts?

Is this end of life for watch?  Ordered on Amazon in Nov 2017.

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

A warm welcome to the Community @Kennobi. Thanks for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. 

I appreciate that you mentioned that you ordered it through Amazon. Before proceeding with a case with my Support team. I would like you to confirm that you tried restarting it and charging it again but this time try changing USB ports. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

Yes, I have restarted it several times.  What hapens is that the fitbit icon shows up bright and clear for a few seconds, then the time will display and then fade away within a second.

I have charged with a wall outlet each time.  Screen says 100% as of last night.

Any thoughts as to what can be done?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just tried resetting and charging from a different port.   Nothing happened.  The screen tries to go bright but nothing showed up on the screen.  When plugging it in it did not show the percentage like it did yesterday.   I left it on the computer charging.

It is working though as it uploaded the steps from my walk about 30 minutes ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Kennobi. I appreciate the time you took to troubleshoot this with me. 

Sorry for the delay reply. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team, they will continue assisting you and providing you with options. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with my Fitbit. Screen appears then pulsates and fades.Any idea what's happening?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, my Fitbit exhibited the same behavior and it lasted 2 more days before it died.  My watch was barely 2 years old and Fitbit stated it's defective but cannot do anything as it's out of warranty.  Buyer beware.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I beat you by 1 day. My FitBit is now dead. Have tried multiple resets. Sometimes I get a reboot, but if so, it lasts only 1 minute then dead again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I now also have the same problem, my watch is 16 months old.
hopefully fitbit have a solution for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kennobi , @ChillMo, @Greg.C , @JohnClark00 this is a common behavior of a dying ionic. The same happened to me and many others in this forum. In short, Fitbit will do nothing to solve the major design problem with our devices. We had our money stolen by Fitbit. So, the best we can do now is to move to another brand (a solid one).

Best Answer
Agreed, I've moved on to an Apple watch as they Support their products.

Thanks!

"A good objective of leadership is to help those who are doing poorly to do well and to help those who are doing well to do even better." - Chill Mo

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

Any fixes for the above issue..I do have similar issues to my ionic since last few months.if anyone found the resolution, kindly share.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, I bought a Ionic last year, that was defective, they sent me a replacement, come to find out it was a refurbished one. Well that doesn't work right, the left hand button doesn't work and it keeps dimming on me even with the setting on max or auto, it goes back to dim. I called yesterday, (finally after a month of this) and it should still be under warranty as I haven't had it for a year yet, they told me that they only warranty the original purchase, not the piece of crap that they sent me as a replacement. It will be a year old in January, but they are doing nothing. I am all set with Fitbit and their cheap merchandise, there are many other trackers out there, and with companies that stand behind their products.

Best Answer
0 Votes