Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic screen glitch

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic's display is glitching out. You can see there are little lines going down the display, it's turning different colors, and to add on to that there are green lines in the background and sometimes it just looks like it's melting all in to a bunch of lines. 

Can anyone help me?

Best Answer
0 Votes
171 REPLIES 171

I'm still quite angered that support refused to help me out with a new display. I used that watch everyday brand new until the screen broke. But since I didn't buy directly from fitbit and also have no receipt they won't do anything for me.

If anyone looking at this is considering buying the watch, know that when it breaks you better have your original receipt.

Best Answer

It's always great to see you on the Forums @NoahG! Sorry about your Ionic. I've already checked your case with our team, I think that it would be better to contact directly the person that sold you the Ionic in the eBay page. Then you can get back to Customer Support to see your warranty options. 

I'm sure our Customer Support team will be more than glad to help you further with this. I understand you've invested in the Fitbit Family; however, we as any other company have policies to follow through. While customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, the demands of running a global business require that we enforce our warranty consistently.

Keep me posted on the resolution! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hello, 

For a week now my Fitbit Ionic screen has been glitching and having issued. There are red or blue lines appear on my screen. I have tried to reset it several times and to no avail there are no results. I've even tried changing the clock face but the red lines are still there. 

Please let me know if there is something else I can do to make this situation any better for my watch. 

Thank you for your help. 

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer

Thank you for reaching out to the Community @EphraimA, welcome. Smiley Happy

Sorry for the time I took to response. We strive for excellent customer service, and customer satisfaction remains our number one goal.  I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. Please keep an eye in your email inbox, you'll get some information about your case.

Please let me know if you need anything else! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

What was the fix for this? My ionic is doing the same thing. I think I got in in August 2018

Best Answer

@MikeSwae I called customer service to figure out what else I was able to do. 

They sent me a New Ionic later on since I still had the warranty.

Best Answer
Thank you for your response. Bummer. I got this as a gift. I was hoping it
would be a quick fix.

MS
Best Answer

@MikeSwae I think you should still contact customer service and see if they can help you with your watch. 

Best Answer

I was just trying  figure out how to do that. Suggestions? Thanks again.

MS

Best Answer
No fix as of yet. I am waiting for Fitbit to respond.
MN
Best Answer

Welcome back @MikeSwae. I would like you to confirm that you've tried to restart it. After this, I can create a case on your behalf with our Support team. Robot Happy

Thank you for sharing the experience that you've had with our Support team and your Ionic @EphraimA and @MNIX

Hope this helps. I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I did but it didn't work. I contacted customer service and they will send a replacement

Best Answer

Hi @MikeSwae  Thanks for sharing this with us and for the steps that you've tried, we're glad to see that you will be back on track soon. Please feel free to come back at any time, our desire is to take care of each one of the members of our family. Heart

Have you checked our Discussions board? If you're into Fitbit and fitness you may enjoy other users' comments. Check this board  Looking for Fitbit Friends? Find some here! And have some fun interacting with other users! 

Keep stepping around in the Forums! Cat Tongue

Best Answer

Wow, I am literally so sad. I've been using Fitbit since 2016 and had my Ionic since 2017. It just had the this glitch and now won't even work. It sucks that my warranty just ended and I can't do anything. My hands are tied. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have read several messages on this thread and I too have experienced glitches on my ionic.

The screen is unreadable and is fuzzy with vertical lines running through it.

I would be most grateful impf any suggestions on what to do with this.

Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes
There was no fix. They just replaced it
Best Answer
0 Votes
How do I go about this ?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Call customer service 1 877 623 4997 and they walk you through it. I didn't
even have a receipt since I got it as a gift. I got the replacement in a
week
Best Answer
0 Votes
Okay thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I have the same problem with my watch it’s like the screen is melting or something how were you able to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes