Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic screen glitch

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic's display is glitching out. You can see there are little lines going down the display, it's turning different colors, and to add on to that there are green lines in the background and sometimes it just looks like it's melting all in to a bunch of lines. 

Can anyone help me?

Best Answer
0 Votes
171 REPLIES 171
I contacted Fitbit customer service & they sent a replacement
Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing. I’ve owned mine for less than three months. What do I do??

Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact Fitbit customer service & they'll walk you through the
replacement process
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.  Hoping it’s an easy process. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there

My ionic just started this is exact glitch 

How do we fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine was replaced.
Best Answer
0 Votes
How did you get it replaced.? My partner bought the watch from America and I can’t seem to get hold of anyone to replace it

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact fitbit customer service and they will troubleshoot and help you.
Best of luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit support replaced it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there! Welcome to the Forums @Softballnyc1. Nice to see you here @txwoody and @Tpri26Sorry for the delay.

@Softballnyc1 Thanks for reporting this issues with your Ionic. Can you please confirm if you have restarted it? Keep me posted on the resolution, if  you need further assistance I can request a case on your behalf.

@txwoody Thanks for sharing this information with us, I'm glad to see you back on track. 

@Tpri26 In case that your partner is still having issues with his Ionic, please let me know so I can give you a hand with this. Our team will be glad to assist you.

@MikeSwae Thanks for sharing your input!

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, I woke up yesterday to the screen ghosting glitch. Spent too much time restarting the device, changing the clocks and chatting online with Support to get it warrantied knowing that this is a manufacturing default and fail. I've done nothing on my end to have my Ionic fail. Well, since I am at 18 months with my watch it is not in warranty. They will do NOTHING to assist me in fixing my watch or replace it. Told me that they will give me a discount to buy a new one. So, I have a $300 brick on my arm and they want me to go pay another couple hundred dollars for another one. This is NOT my first FitBit but I believe it will now be my LAST. It makes me want to switch over to an iPhone so that I can get an Apple Watch. This is absurd and the worst customer service I have ever experienced! I've asked to have this escalated but all that does is have me sit on a chat hold for even more time. I already had to wait about 30 mins to talk to one person.

@helptechsupport @FitbitCommunity @Customerservice @YojanaFitbit @SantiR 

Best Answer

I got an email reply from FitBit Support:  Hi Briana, This is Kristine, one of the supervisors here in Fitbit.

We appreciate you for providing us your feedback about our replacement offer. We'd like to let you know that the 25% discount is the best offer that we can provide you since your tracker falls outside Fitbit's limited warranty. We truly hope for your utmost understanding. Let us know if you have any questions.
Sincerely,

Want to know what is super funny about all of this??? The original support tech on chat offered 40% off a new Ionic to me in the original chat...only because that is what it is currently discounted online for! So, pretty much, if you are a loyal FitBit customer they could care less about keeping you as a customer. This is a well-documented manufacture defect yet it is one that FitBit will not fix. Instead, they are telling me to go spend another couple hundred dollars on a device that is known to have a faulty seal and one that FitBit will not refurbish. This is not a resolution!

Moderator edit: Removed personal information and format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @motoprincess welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for sharing your feedback and for reaching out Fitbit customer support.

Thanks for sharing you comments about your experience with your Fitbit Ionic. We strive for excellent customer service and customer satisfaction remains our number one goal.  I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. Please keep an eye in your email inbox, you'll get some information about your case. They are in charge to confirm any information about your warranty

Let me know if you need more details about it.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, @YojanaFitbit I got a response from customer support that says absolutely zero and in no way addresses the manufacturing defect! How the heck is this customer service that they actually want to help a long-time customer or to even keep me as a customer??? This response (below) is a bunch of nonsense and says absolutely nothing. My tracker has been worn on my arm for the last 18 months in normal conditions and not pushed to any extreme at all. I live in the South SF Bay Area where there are zero temperature or weather conditions. My FitBit has not been stored at all nor has it been pushed to any limit whatsoever. The display is failing from a faulty seal. This is a well-documented issue of the FitBit Ionic. Your company claims that this is "water resistant" up to 50m. Yes, my FitBit Ionic has been worn to track my swimming exercise in a basic temperature controlled high school swimming pool about once a week or less. I never wear my tracker in the shower. And, my tracker is taken off and dried completely each and every time I have ever worn it swimming, per the manufacturer guidelines and recommendations. The display should not be failing. This is a manufacturing defect! Your response makes absolutely no sense nor does it solve my problem or issue in any way whatsoever! 

Moderator edit: Removed personal information and format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @motoprincess.

Sorry about the issues with your Ionic. Thank you for the thorough feedback about customer service and Fitbit devices. This has not gone unnoticed, your comments are very important for us.

We don't want to create frustration in our customers, since Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here. 

Please if you have more questions about your warranty options keep communication open with our team. They will be glad to keep assisting you.

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @YojanaFitbit , but I have been told by support that even though this is a well-documented and known manufacturer defect since I am past the one-year limited warranty that FitBit is not going to stand behind their product and help me. They told me that I can buy a new device but they are not going to help with a warranty or anything. After owning several Fitbit devices, I have now sworn to never spend another dime with Fitbit ever again. I will make sure to go out of my way to tell anyone and everyone I meet what horrible customer service FitBit has. I have always taken extremely good care of my device and followed the manufacturer's care recommendations to a tee. There should be zero reasons why my screen is failing and it is not any fault of mine after less than 18 months. A luxury item such as this tracker's life spam should be a heck of a lot longer than 18 months. To not even offer to refurbish or service my device, even at my own cost, is the worst customer service a company can give to a loyal customer. For that reason, I will never spend another dime with this company or recommend them to anyone!

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm in that 18 month window too.
Said we can give you 40% off for 30 days after that no discount.  Its unreal they know they are at fault but make consumers suffer.  
Anyone suggest another device either than apple product since I've a Samsung 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally ridiculous and I'm looking outside of Fitbit now for a watch.  Company made me feel like we care about your money not you.  

So done 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am right there with you. The first (out of 5 service techs that I have spoken with) offered me a 40% discount to buy another Ionic. Since I didn't jump right on that, the discount has now been taken away and the only other thing they have offered me is an overall 25% discount on any Fitbit device. I asked, "Why would I spend another couple hundred dollars on another Ionic that is known to have a faulty seal even though it is marketed towards "swimmers" such as myself?" It is not like I swim THAT much! I am in the pool for about 1500 yards 2x per week in a temp controlled high school pool and I clean and fully dry off my Ionic as soon as I get out of the pool. I never even dive down more than 6 feet. There is zero reasons for the seal to fail! I have asked a couple of times to different techs if I can send my tracker in to be fixed and everyone has totally ignored my request and given me "canned" responses talking in circles around my requests. Half of the communications do not answer one question or concern that I have. Except they all love to quote to me how "We strive for excellent customer service and customer satisfaction remains our number one goal." THAT is a total joke!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Softballnyc1  I have an Android phone and am a swimmer. Let me know what you might come across. I have been looking at Garmin products but shied away from them due to the cost. But, after this nonsense, paying more for a product that doesn't die within the first 18 months and a company stands behind is not looking really good to me!

Best Answer
0 Votes