Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic screen won't respond

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic touch screen is not responding to touch for over a week now. I have tried multiple hard resets. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Katie

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @Alaska814   By hard reset, do you mean a Factory reset? If not, give that a try. Come back here if you are still having problems

FACTORY RESET USING BUTTONS
On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

If the device turns on, please go back to the Fitbit app and setup your device back to your account with these steps. Make sure your watch is plugged into a wall plug or a computer, next to the router and that there are no other trackers or devices with Bluetooth on nearby when setting up.  Please log into your account, go to account on the upper right corner, there look for "setup a device" and tap on it. Follow the instructions on the screen and let the watch charge for 2 hours.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hello Nelly,  I too have been having screen difficulty.  I have done the 3 button reset more than once now and while I am able to obtain a screen, it doesn't work properly.  There is no ability to scroll/swipe or see any other screen beyond what the intial screen shows.  When I shut down and let it restart, the screen is bright and well illuminated when it first comes on.  The screen sleeps after about 5 seconds and when I left button to wake it, the display is dim.  It no longer responds to screen taps either.  I have sent an email to support, however would welcome any additional troubleshooting or suggestions that you may have to offer.  Thank you for your support. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried factory reset, and it fixed the issue for a short time but didn't stick.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again, I will flag your post for a moderators assistance. Thanks for trying the Factory Reset.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @Alaska814, it's nice to see you around here! Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this issue with your Ionic's screen. Nice way to go!

I have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding your inquiry. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps. Point me out if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Hey there @yazs1mom, thanks for jumping in here! I was about to create a support case on your behalf, but I saw that you got in touch with our Customer Support Team after posting here. You were sent a reply 2 days ago, please check your inbox so our team can continue assisting you.

Thanks for helping and flagging @NellyG!

Have a nice day guys! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarreFitbit, it has been a week and I still have not heard from customer service. Is there a way to contact them or speed up this process? I would really like to use my fitbit ionic to its full ability.

Thank you,

Katie

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Alaska814! Sorry for the delay in the response to your support case. I've updated your case, some will be in touch with you soon. 

Stay tuned! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I held down the bottom right button and the left button and just held for a bit.  It reset it... somehow.  And then the screen worked. It had been locked up since the upgrade a couple months ago... frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the reset, felt the strong vibration and now my Ionic appears to be shutdown completely. I can't even get the logo to reappear. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @ionic21.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I recommend following the complete troubleshooting instructions in Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? Additionally, I recommend checking if your Fitbit device is updated to the latest version: How do I update my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes