Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic sensors stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On sunday I went to the pool. After that my Ionic started acting strangely. It stopped monitoring my heart rate, then started, then stopped again. I saw some water condensed under bottom sensors which worried me a little. I took it off, and let it dry for a day. Note that I used it on a pool before and had no problems with it.

It seems that sensors stopped working at all on Tuesday.

It does not measure:

• HR; green light is flashing but HR is not updating. On Monday the green light did not go off after taking the watch off my hand, on Thursday it started going off as normal,
  • stairs climbed - barometer off?
  • steps walked - accelerometer off? It also does not turn the screen on when I move my hand to check the time as it used to.

Right now it seems that it only measures time. WiFi and Bluetooth are functional.

Here's what I did up to now:

• Let it dry
  • Made sure HR functions is on in settings
  • Restarted the watch
  • Did a factory reset

What are my options? Is there a chance it will work again? I doubt so. It seems that it turned to an expensive paper weight. And I do not think it will be good at it too...

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Welcome back @jay791. Thanks for taking the time to share detailed information, I appreciate the troubleshooting tried. 

Sorry to hear that this happened to your Ionic. Since you've tried the recommended troubleshooting, I've shared your post with our Support team, they will continue assisting you and provide you with options. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also facing the exact same issue. And I've tried all the above trouble shooting steps. could you please guide me too 

Best Answer

Mine was still on the warranty and Fitbit replaced it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This appears to have happened to my Ionic as well. Stopped wearing it for a couple weeks and then then charged it up last week, took a firmware update and now I don't track any steps, wrist auto wake stopped working and it doesn't track stairs either. Super sad because I like my ionic a lot and I use it for challenges at work. This has rendered a $300 watch useless.

I also should have stated that I have done three factory resets in attempts to bring mine back to life and nothing seems to take.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Mine stopped recording not only HR but steps and more, my stats is empty =/

Best Answer

I have the same issue as described above. Done the factory reset restart and so on 3 times. Still no sensor data... How can I get in contact with the support team?

Best Answer

@fabiogumiero A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. I would like you to restart your Ionic and let me know if your watch starts tracking your stats after this. 

@Zipy79 It's nice to see you on the Community. Thanks for the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and someone will reply to you as soon as possible, keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations, we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

Done the reset multiple times, even done a factory reset. No change. No
accelerometer or HR data tracked.

Zipy79
Best Answer
Same here, tried to shutdown, factory reset, everything and it's not
working. Green light is on and blinking, but sensors isn't working, no HR
and no accelerometer.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yup. Exactly the same with mine. Blinking green LED, but no measurement
data.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Zipy79 Thanks for getting back. I've shared your post with our Support team and they will continue assisting you through email. 

@fabiogumiero Thanks for the troubleshooting tried. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and someone will reply to you as soon as possible. Keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations, we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes you are right. It's better to avoid and boycott products as they don't have proper service network. Once something like this happens and if the watch is out of warranty then the it is of no use. We can't make it function even at our own cost.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. I'm having the same problem with my Ionic. I made a factory reset and haven't used it for a couple of days, and when I  try it, it still doesn't record any activity. No steps, no HR, nothing. I have this for only 11 months so I'm very disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
After writing to the customer support I got mine replaced with no hassle.
It was bed that it stopped working but i was pleased with the customer
support!
Best Answer

@FernandoMS A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. I see where you're coming from. 

In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and someone will reply to you as soon as possible. Keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations, we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

@Zipy79 Hey there. Thanks for sharing your experience with our Support team. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine also stopped these days, no sensores and struggle with charging. Im afraid mine is out of warranty, any help or just recycle it? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@pertoder A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

If your Ionic isn't charging, please try the troubleshooting posted in this article. If your watch isn't showing heart rate reading, please confirm that it's turned on by going into your Ionic settings > heart rate and then on. 

Let me know how the troubleshooting goes. Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The watch are charging, but sensores are not working Mvh Tormod------------Sendt fra min telefon
Best Answer
0 Votes

@pertoder Thanks for getting back. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and someone will reply to you as soon as possible. Keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations, we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes