Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic stopped recording sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, 2 days ago I switched on the iphone as usual to sync and got a "Hang on we're tidying things up for you" message, (or words to that effect). Since then I have no sleep being recorded, or at least downloaded by the app. V. 32.10.20 and I do not yet have the option available to update.

I've restarted the watch but its the same thing.

So what have Fitbit done? Because it sure isn't anything I've done? It still syncs fine, everything else appears to sync, just sleep. which just happens to be the only thing I want it for.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hey there @SunriseRun449, thanks for stopping by! Thanks for already restarting your watch in order to sort this out, nice way to go! 

When it comes to your sleep data, I was wondering if your Ionic is not picking any sleep data? There are a few scenarios where you might not see the sleep stages but sleep patterns instead:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

Additionally, keep in mind that syncing difficulty is usually caused by a missing requirement. Verify each requirement before moving on to the troubleshooting steps:

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your iPhone. 
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it

Please check these scenarios and the troubleshooting steps for the syncing issue and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I performed steps 1-6 and I'm not getting sleep info from the past two nights.  I've been using my Ionic for almost a year without this problem.  Suggestions?  1 year warranty?

Best Answer
0 Votes