Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic stuck in Fitbit logo

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

No idea why my ionic is stuck in this loop of showing the Fitbit logo/blank screen. Seen this has been a problem for others but can't see instructions on how to do the factory reset. I cannot access any menus on the watch and I don't have a laptop. Just the app on my phone.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

Hello @Dlooby thanks for bringing this to my attention, I'm happy to give you a warm welcome to our Community Forums and a hand with this situation.

First, thank you for troubleshooting your device prior posting. Since I'm unable to confirm which steps you've already tried, if you haven't already done so please try our restart process with the instructions from our help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?. If you already tried this procedure, please follow the next steps to perform a factory reset on your device:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds.
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive).
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons.
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details.

Take in consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account and your applications, alarms, etc.

I'll be here if you need further assistance. Keep me posted.

Best Answer
Thanks, I have tried the options you supplied including trying the factory reset. It hasn't changed anything. I followed each step but the watch never vibrated at the end and the screen did not change. I tried a few times. At one stage yesterday the ionic did manage to sync to my account and the clock face appeared but the touch screen did not work and I couldn't access any other screen except the clock face. At some stage it then reverted back to the Fitbit logo/blank screen loop and is stuck on that again now.

Thanks
Dympna
Best Answer

Unfortunately i have the same cycling splash screen, which i am totally unable to clear. tried all advice in the community and talked to help desk. 14 month old so out of warranty, the usual offer of a discount if i buy a new one in 30 days. well as many others have stated, these seem to be short term disposable devices. i would not mind if it was $20 but i don't want to keep spending $300 every year on one of these. this is the 3rd Fitbit i have owned and all 3 units stopped working not long after the warranty expired. to add insult to injury the supposed email with the discount coupon never arrived either. one day all these folks leaving Fitbit will hopefully drive the message home. 

Time for something new.

Best Answer

Hey @andycook welcome aboard! Thanks for your reply and update @Dlooby, I'm happy to assist both of you.

@Dlooby It's a shame that the steps that were previously provided resolved your concern just for a moment, thanks for troubleshooting this matter with me. Our Customer Support team informed me that they already provided you with assistance to resolve this situation, therefore, I recommend you to contact them back if you have any additional questions about their resolution, I'm sure that they'll provide you with more information and details.

@andycook Thanks for your comments and sharing your experience with us, I totally understand how frustrating this matter was for you. Let me share with you that Fitbit is always striving to improve our products and services, therefore, the feedback that was submitted on your post is helpful for us. For a better understanding of the resolution that our Support team provided, please check: Return Policy and Warranty. Let me know if I can do anything else for you.

I'll be around.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue,  factory reset it and it just goes back to the boot up. Contacted support and got told it was defective and they were sending me a coupon code that never showed up. I had a 3 year protection plan (College student) and even then i was told it was 18 months old and there was nothing they could do. At this rate I'll join the Garmin Family.

Best Answer

Welcome aboard @GretaA, sorry for the delay in responding your post. 

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and personal experience with your Fitbit Ionic, sorry for the inconvenience you went through. Let me share with you that the feedback that is shared here in the Community Forums always help us to improve. Please check our warranty policies for a better understanding of the information that was provided by our Support team. You can also contact them back if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried all the remedies. It now goes between stuck logo or data not cleared sync & try again. Of course it won’t sync. This all happened after I did a factory reset. This is my second Fitbit in 3 years and both no longer work. Why is this smart watch so badly manufactured. My iPhone 3 still works. 

Best Answer

Oh my god this actually works ! Mine was stuck on logo after a reset. Tried all the 2 and 3 button resets but figured it was screwed. Saw this post and said I'd give it a go and bang worked first attempt. Love my Ionic (now get a kayak app before the summer comes lol)

Best Answer

What exactly did you do to make your fitbit work?  Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Follow the above instructions. All three buttons, release bottom right
after logo dissapeared then other 2 when the ionic vibrates. Mine was stuck
on logo after a restart and this fixed it. Cheers
Best Answer

I have this same issue. Also...just out of warranty. Had one before this - same thing. It's like they have a darn counter in them and stop working correctly just past warranty.

Sounds like I need a new workout tracker/watch.

Best Answer

Did you have it plugged in when you tried to sync and clear data? Need to for this

Best Answer
0 Votes

Min was also stuck on flashing the logo. Tried the 2 button reset with nothing happening then tried the 3 button. It vibrates and cycled like said then shows a red circle with an X in it and says “Data not cleared. Sync & try again” 

This is also my 2 nd Fitbit in 3 years. Thinking of trying a new fitness watch if this one won’t work. 

Best Answer

They gave me a replacement for the watch eventually. It lasted only a few months and the battery failed in it. They sent me another replacement just a few weeks ago and I've noticed the time has been wrong on it several times and then I sync it and it will correct but by the next morning the time is wrong again. So I don't hold out much hope for this one either. I definitely won't be purchasing this model again. I have a really old flex that is still working perfectly. It's a shame the ionic is so unreliable because it really would be the perfect watch otherwise. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep, that’s what happened to mine.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you have it plugged in?
Best Answer
0 Votes
It was fully charged. I’ve thrown it away now.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I got the same message with mine fully charged. Tried again with cable
connected and it worked. That's too bad buddy. I'm looking at a new Garmin
just for the fact they wont put out a kayaking app. Best of luck with
whatever you decide to go with next. And keep me posted on what you go with
next. Cheers bud
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the info. I wish I’d tried that.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes