Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic stuck on red X data not cleared

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After about 14 months my Ionic screen displays 0. I have tied everything posted on this site. As nothing was working I did the hard reset{big mistake} now I get the red x data not cleared.Removed icon and removed device and started new set up. Loads to 12% and starts searching for iconic not found. I have obstructive sleep apena {can't breathe} and depend on my sleep tracker to make adjustments to my mask the next day. My health depends on this Ionic sleep tracker and need it working. Weird many of us had the problem the same time. Phone is samsung S9+

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Same issue red x and tried resetting same error

using a Samsung 8+

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
22 REPLIES 22

@RONSIONIC Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting performed.  

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this with your Ionic. I see how important is your watch to you as you use it to make adjustments to your mask. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and they will continue assisting you. 

I'll be around if you have any additional question. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have red X, data not synced...,  after upgrade to iPhone pro max with iOS 13. How am I supposed to find out if there will be a fix for this? Will there be a fix for this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, will you start a new thread on this, so I don’t have to sort through all the notifications. I just want my fitbit to work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue red x and tried resetting same error

using a Samsung 8+

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not fixed, it is happening to Ionic’s across multiple applications on multiple platforms. Please let us know that the Fitbit team is working on this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@stucker0530 and @pf5020 It's great to see you around. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Thanks for the details mentioned. I would like you to restart your Fitbit Ionic and if you keep seeing this red x please perform a factory reset by doing the following: 

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, advise the customer to use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware.

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
SILVIAFITBIT

I had done a factory reset several times. I did it again just as you said, and it came back up with the red X.

Regards,
Steve
Best Answer
0 Votes

@stucker0530 Thanks for getting back and for confirming that you've done a factory reset. 

In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and they will continue assisting you. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The left and top right button worked for me during the setup procedure while it was searching for the device. You should let the phone support and live chat know if this procedure. 

Best Answer

Hi 

this hasn’t worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Chippy-13 Hi there. 

I took the liberty to share your post with our Support team and they mentioned you already have a case with them, please continue the communication through email to avoid confusion. 

Have a good weekend. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks but it’s all proving a waste of time!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to me red circle X and can't do nothing, must have been a recent update? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Chippy-13 Thanks for getting back. Our team will be happy to help and provide the appropriate assistance. 

@NJR1 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. Please try the troubleshooting mentioned above and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I reset my Fitbit which I thought I might loose my history, but it worked!  My history since 2015 is still in the database.  No help from Fitbit, I just decided to try resetting my Iconic and as I said, it worked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't a complete reset of my Iconic, that is the only way I was able to get rid of the red X and get my watching working.  I didn't loose any data.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried everything x still comes up

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@NJR1 Thanks for getting back. All the data will be stored in your Fitbit account, when a reset is performed all data is cleared on your Fitbit Ionic, it's recommended to sync prior doing so to avoid lost data. 

@Chippy-13  Since our team has access to your case details please continue the communication through email, they'll be happy to assist. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks but it seems FB don’t want to know now they’ve stopped responding to any lines is comms.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes