Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic time constantly slow

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ionic time constantly slow 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I had the same issue with watch losing time. I thought it was something to do with APP software; however I received a replacement watch and now its working correctly. So the issue is in the watch, there has to be a free running clock circuity that fails when its not sync to the phone. I believe Fitbit knows whats wrong with these Iconic watches, if they didn't you would think they would for customer to return if they under warranty, for so they can be evaluated 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the Community @Cat60. I would like you to make sure you've performed this procedure to change your timezone. Also, reply to the following questions:

- Is your Ionic showing the correct timezone?

- Is it syncing to your account? 

If you have any additional details you can provide me, that can help me to provide you with the correct troubleshooting. 

Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
I’m having to charge my ionic watch more than usual then when I do it tells the correct
time but as the day goes on the time gets slower, do I need a new battery? If so how do I obtain one?
Thank you
Cat60

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. My ionic watch will not sync with my mobile or iPad app & is also not holding a charge & is constantly slow time.

cat60

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Cat60. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Fitbit Ionic doesn't have an interchangeable battery. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team, they will continue assisting you.

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is weird, isn't it?  My Ionic fell about 2 minutes slow last weekend.  When I synced, it corrected itself, but still- how can it fall a couple of minutes behind?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having the same problem too. I'll wake up and it'll be about 15 min. slow and by the afternoon it's almost half an hour slow. Usually when I can finally get it to sync it will update the time, but now even then it's at least 2 min slow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue with watch losing time. I thought it was something to do with APP software; however I received a replacement watch and now its working correctly. So the issue is in the watch, there has to be a free running clock circuity that fails when its not sync to the phone. I believe Fitbit knows whats wrong with these Iconic watches, if they didn't you would think they would for customer to return if they under warranty, for so they can be evaluated 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. Watch time is very slow.  Was able to sync after a lot of effort but then by evening time it is more than an hour behind.  Can’t get the watch to reliably sync or update.  Any one from Fitbit able to reach out and help?  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks for that idea, after changing time zone to New Zealand, and back, turning off auto time zone, the watch came back to normal time.

What caused this problem was, the watch battery went flat, after recharging it, it was 12 minutes slower, even after restart watch...

Best Answer