Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic water damage

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Several closed threads relate to this - My Ionic was working fine, including during swims in the pool, then a few hours after a swim it started glitching and the battery was dead. Figured I had just lost track of when it needed charging and put it on charge. Ionic turned on after 10 mins of charging showing low battery but responding so set it to charge over night. Next morning went to put it on and it was hot and dead - non responsive. On closer inspection I can see moisture behind the HR sensor windows. Apparently not water resistant in a home swimming pool!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I thought I should post the outcome:

My old watch was well and truly dead. However despite being outside warranty Fitbit replaced it free of charge. I was limited in replacement options to silver or orange due to stock levels, but otherwise a very positive experience.

Thank you Fitbit and thank you  @LillyaFitbit 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @AKAGary404.

I understand how you are feeling about this situation. I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks LiliyaFitbit, direct access to the support team seems pretty hard these days. 

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @AKAGary404.

I am glad to help. Due to recent events affecting our operations, support staff is limited and wait times are longer than usual. I appreciate your understanding and look forward to getting you back on track. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi @LiliyaFitbit,

Do you know roughly how long wait times are at the moment?

Thank you

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @AKAGary404.

I understand your concern and would like to advise that you may hear from our Support team in a few days. You can always try using chat or phone to continue with this issue. Please check our Support contact options here

I'll be around.

Best Answer

Support have just reached out to me - the backlog must be quite large! Fingers crossed they can resurrect the dead....

Best Answer

Thank you for the update, @AKAGary404.

I am glad to hear our Support team contacted you. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution, please keep working with them. 

Have a nice day!

Best Answer

Hi fitbit, I have also just had the same problem as AKAGary404. 

Its always worked and never had any issues. I went for my usual swim and when I got out about 2 hours later the screen started flickering and eventually stopped working. It then overheated on my wrist and is just fully not working now. Won't charge won't do anything. It also looks like water damage where the monitor is as well I can see the condensation. Please csn I have some assistance as the product is supposed to be waterproof. Thanka Rebecca 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Rebeccatromans.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue with your watch. I went ahead and created a case for you, someone from our Support team will reach out soon. 

I'll be around if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought I should post the outcome:

My old watch was well and truly dead. However despite being outside warranty Fitbit replaced it free of charge. I was limited in replacement options to silver or orange due to stock levels, but otherwise a very positive experience.

Thank you Fitbit and thank you  @LillyaFitbit 

Best Answer

@AKAGary404 Awesome! Thanks for the update, I'm glad to hear you're back on track. I appreciate your feedback and hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience and working on your goals. 

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Have a nice day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hallo fitbit community. 

I had the same problem as @AKAGary404 and @Rebeccatromans. My fitbit was working perfectly until I went for a swim in the pool. Later that day my touch screen did not want to work. Then my screen started to flicker on and off. At the end it switch off. I tried charging it but it only heat up and I could see the condensation in the sensors. Also if I charge my fitbit the screen brightens up as if it is working but nothing is displayed on the screen itself. If anyone can please assist me that would be amazing. 

Zulene 🌼

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Zulene.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue with your watch. I appreciate your efforts to resolve this. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with our Support team online or give them a call. They will evaluate your device's behavior and help you with this matter. Click here to get connected.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, my fitbit has the same problem: water condensation on the back on my fitbit and heats up when i charge. Please could I have help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Currently, there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches.

For more information, please visit this thread.

I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes