Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic went into wash cycle😢

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there folks, little bit off info needed🙏 With myself being clumsy I mistakenly put my watch in the washing machine lodged in clothes😢 machine done the cycle an when finished, it worked perfectly for around four days. Then maybe on the 5th morning after i woke in morning and screen was all like a white/grey in colour an had lines going through it🙈 also only holding charge now for roughly 2 days, what kind off situation have i got mysel in? Heard others complain about the screens also, but have i buggered myself up?  I bought the watch on 24/25 april 2019 so may i have to contact fitbit? Thanks for any help avaiable 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Myles00  your washing your Ionic probably started your problems. Usually people put the device into a bowl of dry rice for two days before charging it. You get out the excess moisture and then clean all the contact points and do a restart and charge. You can read the warranty information here - click - but it doesn't cover washing your Ionic.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah pure stupid an simple mistake it was just caught in clothes🙈  but i was thinking half way through was it will be ok as its waterproof? It still goes now but battery would not be great an screen is kinda messed up🙈 wonder what fitbit their self would think or would it even be worth replacing the item🤷‍:male_sign:?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Water resistant is one thing, but it's not meant to be in detergent and rinsed and spun about. It's sad that happened to you. Fortunately with Mother's Day closing in, there are sales. Might want to check out the Fitbit.com store.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes