Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic will not turn on...

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit is not turning on. It was at 65% this morning at 11am, then around 2pm my screen was black and will not turn on. I've tried the troubleshooting process but nothing is working.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @SunsetRunner What troubleshooting have you done? Have you charged the Ionic? Restarted it several times? Done a Factory reset?

Restart your tracker

FACTORY RESET USING BUTTONS
On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

If the device turns on, please go back to the Fitbit app and setup your device back to your account with these steps. Make sure your watch is plugged into a wall plug or a computer, next to the router and that there are no other trackers or devices with Bluetooth on nearby when setting up.  Please log into your account, go to account on the upper right corner, there look for "setup a device" and tap on it. Follow the instructions on the screen and let the watch charge for 2 hours.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
50 REPLIES 50

Hi @SunsetRunner What troubleshooting have you done? Have you charged the Ionic? Restarted it several times? Done a Factory reset?

Restart your tracker

FACTORY RESET USING BUTTONS
On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

If the device turns on, please go back to the Fitbit app and setup your device back to your account with these steps. Make sure your watch is plugged into a wall plug or a computer, next to the router and that there are no other trackers or devices with Bluetooth on nearby when setting up.  Please log into your account, go to account on the upper right corner, there look for "setup a device" and tap on it. Follow the instructions on the screen and let the watch charge for 2 hours.

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

i have the same problem all solutions to this point do not work, very irritating to say the least.

Best Answer
Yes, I've done all of those steps. But still nothing happens. My screen is
still black.
Best Answer

OK thanks for confirming that @SunsetRunner I will flag a moderator to assist you.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same problem. Completly dead.😕

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @SunsetRunner, @Kjetilsen and @gordonhunt. Thanks for being around to help @NellyG.

Thanks for sharing that you have tried all of troubleshooting steps suggested to get your Fitbit to work.

In this case I'd like to ask you some questions:

• Have you tried to restart your Ionics? If you did, did your Fitbit respond or vibrate in any way?
  • Have you tried syncing with your account even if the display is off?
  • Do the HR lights turn on? Does it vibrate when you press a button or connect it to the charging cable?

I look forward to your replies so that I can better understand what is going on.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good evening

It does not turn on in any way. No vibration or lights. Totally dead. I
have cleaned all of the contacts tried different cables and plugs. It just
won’t turn on.

Gordon
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing just happened to my ionic as well overnight.  My ionic was freshly charged, but overnight it stopped working, and now plugging it into the charger doesn't show it is charging, and I cannot turn it on.

I tried to reset it with the buttons as you said and it won't reset either, basically right now I just cannot tell whether the device is working or not....

please help!

Best Answer

Hi, 

The very same thing happend here. 

The battery of my ionic was at 27% and then it just stopped working. The device has died, the screen is black, the green light at the back isn't working either. I tried charging it and it kept vribrating at first for a couple of minutes. Now it doesn't do anything. It isn't charging, i can not restart using the tips above, i can not sync in the app... 

Does this mean the ionic is just broken and i will need to buy a new tracker? :'-( 

Thanks for helping!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nothing happens
Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic did the exact same thing on Wednesday, there is just no sign of life. I have tried reboots while off charge, while on charge, holding all 3 buttons in...nothing.  Has anyone else managed to find a fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not at all, and no back up is SA that I can find.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem, tried your reset steps, but there is no reaction. No pulsing lights, no Fitbit logo, not charging. What can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did the same thing!  I have left it on the charger overnight and also did all the trouble shooting.  Went on the chat and they told me I was just out of my year warranty and could offer me a 40% discount.  Good thing $300 lasts for 1 year!  Complete frustration with fitbit oh but they did thank me for letting them be apart of the start of my fitness journey.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues, have tried reset and factory reset to no avail. Just the light behind the black screen comes on. No vibration, nothing but sadness. Help me too please 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I'm new to this thread, but my ionic is doing the same thing...nothing will turn on except the light behind the black screen. No HR lights, no vibrating, just angst. I've tried resetting (Left & bottom right) and factory reset (all 3) and it just blinks sadly at me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. On Wednesday, my ionic was at 19%, charged overnight and next morning screen was black. Can't turn on, even tried to reset, no buttons seem to work. No activity of any kind.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is not even a year old. I got it in January.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, same with mine. I just called Fitbit at 877-623-4997 and they were very helpful! She walked me through the steps to "activate" and to no avail, it didn't work; it's just dead! Because I just bought mine January 1, she sent me an email with two options: 50% off a new Fitbit, or replace my current model with an identical replacement. I chose the replacement. New one is being shipped and should arrive in 5 -7 days. I hope this helpful for you!

Best Answer
0 Votes