Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic will not turn on...

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit is not turning on. It was at 65% this morning at 11am, then around 2pm my screen was black and will not turn on. I've tried the troubleshooting process but nothing is working.

Best Answer
0 Votes
50 REPLIES 50

Same problem here. It was fine yesterday morning(had 40% battery), then in the afternoon I realized it was completely dead. I tried charging it overnight to no avail. No lights, no vibrations, nothing, Totally dead.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. Went black and dead overnight. Tried hard reset, charging, conneting to computer. Nothing helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing here too.  My Iconic although is fully charged does not turn on.  Tried turning it off and on following the instructions found here but no success.  Can anyone suggest what am I try next?

Best Answer

Hey everyone! Thanks for participating in the forums, I apologize for the delay in the reply. 

It's great to see you around @gordonhunt@Anorak and @A22-22. Thanks for the troubleshooting that you've tried and the details that you've mentioned. I've shared your post with our Support team, they will continue assisting you on this matter. 

Hey there @HyperV@Malouv, @SunsetRunner and @Roxburg. I appreciate the troubleshooting that you've followed and the details mentioned. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned that you already have a case with them, please continue the communication through email. 

Hey there @Hannekeschmidt. Thanks for the troubleshooting that you've tried. Can you confirm that you've restarted your Ionic and try charging it but this time try changing USB ports. 

Welcome to the Community @Shanvet. Thanks for sharing your experience with our Support team. Each case is reviewed individually and the option that's provided is based in the Fitbit Warranty

Hey there @Mamajojo0917@J-Lynne and @Roo1308. Thanks for the troubleshooting that you've tried. I've shared your case with our Support team and they've mentioned that you already have a case with them. Please continue the communication through email. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue as everyone else. I have done all the troubleshooting/rest/ cleaning the port. Nothing is working and it’s been on the charger for 2 days. It’s not even a year yet. Please tell it can be fixed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here, happened yesterday afternoon while wearing it with plenty of battery left.  Tried all of the suggested troubleshooting steps and it's just a brick.  Mine was purchased from an original release pre-order (september 2017) so I doubt I have much in the way of options.  I'm seeing other topics open on this...something points to too much coincidence, this seems more of a firmware/software issue than hardware.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I feel your frustration, I feel very much the same.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I brought my ionic back to the store and they gave me a new one. I hope
this one stays ok.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @SaraF08. Thanks for the troubleshooting that you've done. I've shared your post with our Support team, they will continue assisting you on this matter. 

Hey there @minigno. Thanks for the details that you've mentioned. Our Support team will review each case individually and provides options based in the Fitbit Warranty. 

Thanks for your input @gordonhunt

Hey there @Hannekeschmidt. I'm glad to hear that you got a new Ionic. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I have the same issue, I have tried all of the suggestions, none of the solutions given have worked. My ionic is still black. Has anyone gotten a real solution that worked? I have been searching this community for hours. I am ready to give up and start spreading the great news on the internet about how to waste $300 on a piece of junk. I am VERY frustrated. 

Best Answer
Thank you for the input and I am glad I am not the only one.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit will send you a new ionic Pebble, or 50% off a new fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
No it still doesn’t turn on. I talked to Fitbit and they said the battery is probably dead. Since I’m past my warranty it’s not covered and gave me a discount for my next purchase that I had to use in 30 days. So yea not buying another one. Thankfully I still have my charge 2 but I still miss my iconic:(

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

I found that after going through a process of elimination. It has started
working. I first cleaned all contact points then one by one eliminated
various factors that could be the problem. So after replacing chargers
Leeds and cleaning all contact points it eventually turned on. But I too
was highly frustrated by the lack of service from Fitbit.

So in conclusion I’m very happy that it now works But extremely
disappointed in the service.
I now never Let it run flat.

Kind regards Gordon Hunt
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have held down all 3 buttons for well over the 12 secs and nothing is happening. I cleaned the charging ports, tried 2 different chargers, turned off my bluetooth, tried to update my app to force a sync, and nothing is happening. What am I missing?  It's not even a year old so it better not just be dead like some of you mentioned for the 14-16 month period, this thing was not cheap. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

my fitbit will not come back on, i charged it it one night and the screen went black, ive tried the three button reset and nothing has happened please help me, i paid way too much for this watch to see it just stop working like this

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried both the 2  button and 3 button reset with no luck. Has been on charge loads. My story is I went to bed and it was about 80%. Woke up in the night and nothing. In the darkness occasionally screen did have faint light and heart rate sensor came on sometimes too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

whats the fix updated it the other day 100% battery as soon as it prompted me "put it on" boom! blank screen, no lights, no vibration. factory reset didn't work UGH! Whats the fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

My ionic is not Coming up. It went too hot while using all of a sudden and went for reboot 2 - 3 time and finally went off. Tried all the option to restart but it's not coming up

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem. This morning I had over 50% battery then by mid morning it was dead. I’ve tried charging it. No sign of life, no icon, no lights. I did the three button reset as mentioned earlier and no sign of logo, no vibration, nothing. This particular one is a replacement as my first ionic had a faulty display. But this is not my first or second Fitbit as I’ve gone through various models in the hopes of finding a good long lasting functional smart watch. So frustrating that fitbit are notorious for failing

Best Answer
0 Votes