Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Ionic for about a year and a half and I put it on the charger and it won't charge. Did all the cleaning things from the website: still no charge. What can I do?

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

@Mrlow Welcome to the Community. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried prior to posting.

In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team, they will continue assisting you through email. Due to recent events affecting our operations, we may need more than 7 business days to respond. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions.

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hello.

My Dad's Ionic is suffering with the same issue. I have given it a clean and made sure nothing is stopping the charger from doing what it should. It was showing the dead battery with 0% on the screen but now it's just blank.

My Ionic charges fine on the same lead. 

Please help!

Best Answer

I also have an Ionic that was working fine and then suddenly the screen is black. Plugged it in assuming charge had run out but unfortunately nothing. I don’t get the 0% on screen charge start. Have left it plugged in for a few hours but still nothing. Feeling rather sad about this.

Best Answer

Odd thing happened with my Dad's. I left it in the sink for 30 mins and then pressed the left button (while under water) and the logo came on. It's working again. 

Honestly, I have no idea what happened but it wouldn't charge for 24 hours and then suddenly worked in the sink. 

Best Answer

I’ve had the same problem. Fitbit sent me a new watch without a new charger and after a few months it’s happening again when there. The screen has gone blank and the app cannot find the device as it has gone dead. Left it on all day properly and still not doing anything.

Please get in touch to my email.

Best Answer

I'm also having this issue.I went to charge it and just blank screen has been plugged in for 24hours...nothing.

Best Answer

Hello, same thing happened to me yesterday (01may) - my phone told me the battery was low, next time i looked my watch was dead. Plugged it in to charge assuming it was out if battery but it’s not recognising anything. Cleaned all connectors etc but nothing. Really devasted as i live this watch and it’s only a couple of months old!

Best Answer
Funnily enough my Fitbit has started to charge. I left it for a day
untouched, then recleaned the connectors and it is now charging.
All I can say is bizarre.
Best Answer
I had a similar experience and all is well. Thanks for responding and I am glad yours is working well too.

Sent from my iPad
Frank Torres
Best Answer
Sorry to hear this, hope it fixes itself the way mine did. Next day I held the left button and lower right button simultaneously for about 15 seconds and the Ionic came alive. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad
Frank Torres
Best Answer
0 Votes
Next day or came alive for me by simultaneously holding the left and lower right buttons. It took a charge too. Strange.

Sent from my iPad
Frank Torres
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yea mine is done.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This works.  I was charging for 24 hours and it was still dead.  Held Left and Bottom Right and watch started charging again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think we just need to ensure that we keep our Ionics topped up. Don't let it die!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Plz help me my fitbit is not charging even when I do that and left it for do many days

Best Answer
0 Votes
Agreed!

Sent from my iPhone
Frank Torres
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. The same thing worked for me. It looks like that's the secret.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I meant to say that the trick is holding the left button and the bottom right button simultaneously for 15 seconds.

Best Answer
0 Votes