Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't record sleep stages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ionic won't record any sleep stages. Is this because of faulty device. Fitbit customer service doesn't seems to have any resolution 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @tom78! Also, thanks for contacting customer support and for trying all of those steps in order to sort this out.

I'd recommend checking the following that could be preventing you from receiving sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the "Begin Sleep Now" option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed).
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

For more information about why you see your sleep pattern, tap or click the sleep record that shows your sleep pattern. 

In addition, I think it's great that you update the Fitbit app to the latest version (iOS and Android). I always recommend keeping both the tracker and the Fitbit app up to date with the latest versions. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer