Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't respond

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got this last year for xmas, so it's just past the 1 year warranty... The device died and then I charged it as usual, not its stuck in a start up loop with the label on the screen and then it goes black. I've tried resetting it by pressing and holding all types of configurations of the buttons and nothing seems to work. This happened about a month ago so I've left it on the charger in hopes that the problem will resolve itself but sadly it just wont work anymore 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You’re welcome @kaelagudz, your reply is also appreciated. 

I’m sorry to know that you’re still experiencing difficulties with your device despite trying the troubleshooting steps from my previous post. That being said, I recommend you to try the below steps to factory reset your device and let me know if the issue persists:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details. 

Keep in mind that a factory reset procedure erases stored data, including the stats that were not synced to your Fitbit account. Also, applications installed, music downloaded, alarms, etc. 

Let me know if further assistance is needed and if you have any additional questions.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @kaelagudz, your participation here in the Community Forums is appreciated.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the details that were shared, your effort troubleshooting your device before posting over here is also appreciated. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know if the heart rate sensors are flashing or is your device completely unresponsive? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. Such article includes a restart process which can be really helpful for this situation

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks for the response! I have tried those methods and charging it in different places and restarting but nothing seems to work

the screen goes from black to flashing the fitbit logo and then goes black again

Best Answer
0 Votes

You’re welcome @kaelagudz, your reply is also appreciated. 

I’m sorry to know that you’re still experiencing difficulties with your device despite trying the troubleshooting steps from my previous post. That being said, I recommend you to try the below steps to factory reset your device and let me know if the issue persists:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details. 

Keep in mind that a factory reset procedure erases stored data, including the stats that were not synced to your Fitbit account. Also, applications installed, music downloaded, alarms, etc. 

Let me know if further assistance is needed and if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes