Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won’t restart

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently did a hard reboot of ionic watch - held left and bottom right button down for 15 secs 

watch wont turn back on

how do I turn it back on?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I would try the Restart several more times.  If that doesn't work, then you will need to try a Factory Reset using the 3 button method described below:

On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely , the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

The tracker will be returned to how it was when you unboxed it and you will be given instructions for the re-setup process.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

I would try the Restart several more times.  If that doesn't work, then you will need to try a Factory Reset using the 3 button method described below:

On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely , the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

The tracker will be returned to how it was when you unboxed it and you will be given instructions for the re-setup process.

Best Answer

Thankyou

The first option got it back to life

Now I just need it to sync, which is why I did the restart

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

It happened to me too. Mine was 3 months old. They had me send it in, said they would send me a new one, still waiting. The app lost my data from a 14 mile run today. I just want my money back. I am going to buy a Garmin. I am over this crap. I am training for a marathon in August and bought the Ionia to help me. What a joke. My husband was looking to buy one too, nope. Not now, he has watched me struggle with it and Fitbit support is no help. They do not seem to care. Ugh!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

K d

Were are you from. Aus ?

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
No I am not.

| | Virus-free. www.avg.com |
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Unhappy1234 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with your Ionic not restarting. 

I'm glad to read that your watch got back to life after following @SunsetRunner suggestions.

Are you still experiencing syncing difficulties? If you are please follow these syncing troubleshooting steps in order to sort this out. 

@k_dougherty It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing your feedback on this thread. 

Have you received your replacement unit already?

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
It didn't come back to life. It was returned to Fitbit and I had to fight to get my new shipped to me. They did finally send me another and they agreed that the watch was faulty and completely malfunctioning. It was 2 months old!

| | Virus-free. www.avg.com |
Best Answer
0 Votes

@k_dougherty Thanks for your reply and for providing those details.

I'm glad to read that support finally sent you a replacement unit. How is the new watch working? 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I've tried everything you just described the only problem with my Ionic is that when doing a factory reset the after all buttons are released the fitbit logo does not reappear again.  screen stays black

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up on Fitbit. My Ionic was always stopping mid-run or would black screen. I bought a Garmin and I love it. The battery lasts all week and it never drops my exercise.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S9+.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It won't do nothing

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I turn it on

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was updating my Ionic after a screen settings factory reset. The update downloaded and was installing; the Ionic screen went blank and won’t come back on. I’ve attempted the three button/two button reset with no results? Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had 3 other Fitbits and my daughter give me the Ionic for my birthday last year and I've had nothing but trouble from it. Never did count my flights of stairs and now won't sync and is stuck in reset. Tried factory reset and won't reboot 

Best Answer
0 Votes