Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won’t stop counting steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Over the last week My Fitbit will not stop doing steps. It is constantly recording

roughly 5 steps a second continuously from 00.00 - 23.59 even when I do not have the watch on. It has been saying I have been doing 140 - 180,000 steps each day this is due to this this is now also effecting my battery life instead of lasting 5-7 days it is now only lasting a day maximum. 

i have tried restarting it changing the setting everything and it has not worked has anyone had the same issue before and can help?

I have had my ionic for a couple years now but it was working perfectly fine last week and just suddenly started doing this out of no where. 

It is now becoming extremely frustrating as I use it to exercise and workout a lot and it is now throwing all my figures out. 

thanks in advance 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Kennhenry, welcome to the Community Forums. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the details that were shared in your post, I’m sorry to know that you’re still experiencing difficulties with your Ionic despite trying the restart process that was described on your post. That being said, because you're still experiencing difficulties, I recommend you to try the below steps to factory reset your device and let me know if the issue persists:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details. 

Keep in mind that a factory reset procedure erases stored data, including the stats that were not synced to your Fitbit account. Also, applications installed, music downloaded, alarms, etc. 

Let me know if further assistance is needed and if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes