Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't sync GPS steps to Challenges

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought an ionic to track via gps my movements as a football referee. It would appear that any steps I take when I have manually started the GPS do not register on the work week challenge or weekend warrior challenges with my friends (some in other time zones). Advice please because as both of these are important to me have I got a phone that doesn’t meet my wants and needs

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome on board @Oogly68, it's nice to see you here! At this time, only steps from your Fitbit device or MobileTrack count towards a challenge. That means manually logged activities and activities tracked through any third-party apps aren't included in your challenge total.

If you track a GPS activity using your phone and the Fitbit app (called a MobileRun) during a challenge, be sure to bring your Fitbit device along; as long as you have your device with you, those steps will count towards your challenge totals.

If your Fitbit device offers GPS, steps from GPS activities and non-GPS activities are both counted towards a challenge because you're wearing your device.

Below are possible reasons for this issue: 

1. Your steps have fully synced to our database but you're not viewing the mobile app dashboard in Live Data Mode. (Live data mode would show the word "connected" under your tracker tile). 
2. You manually logged an activity. Steps from manually logged activities do not count toward challenges; only steps recorded by your tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
3. As mentioned above, you used MobileRun to track GPS data with your app. Only steps recorded by a tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
4. All challenge participants are not in the same time zone. 

I also recommend waiting 15 minutes after syncing your Fitbit data to see if your challenge updates.

Check this out and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes