Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic won't turn on after I shut it down. I hold down the large button on the left and nothing.And it won't charge either. Am I doing something wrong? I haven't even had it for 24 hrs

Best Answer
311 REPLIES 311

Thanks EX_Hockey. Let me try.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @nycwalker and welcome.  You stated in a post that you tried "RESETTING holding all 3 buttons".  Please describe how you did this and the outcome of the procedure, so I can possibly assist you.  

Please advise and thanks!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pressed Left and right sided 2 buttons simultaneously. Hold for 12 seconds, release. It wont do anything. I have tried almost everything that is said on your forums.

All your customer care did is sent me a 40% discount on a new ionic.

So is it ok to assume the problem has been identified and officially resolved? 

Don't you think you ought to send free replacements???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @nycwalker  the Factory RESET you described was NOT done properly (per your description, if you did it the way you explained).  You need to hold ALL three buttons down at the same time and than "AFTER" 12 seconds release the bottom right button.  If you do it properly, you will feel your Ionic vibrate after releasing the bottom right button.  The timing can get tricky, so try it again if you do NOT succeed on the first try.

Please advise and thanks!

Community Council Member

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried that as well. I will try again tomorrow. 

No hopes though!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @nycwalker  I'll be watching for your reply.  Please advise back!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @yabukijoe & @SunsetRunner  and welcome.  If you need assistance please advise, the Community Moderators are here to provide assistance, where possible.  Thanks!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
Thank you. Nothing you can do.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic, purchased in December 2017, stopped working the other night. I've tried all the resets (much like the majority of those who are on this post) and they don't work. I contacted Fitbit through live chat and told them about the issue and without me even questioning the battery the representative said 'Let me see if I can assist you with your battery issue'...so they are aware of what is causing all of these issues but not fixing it? Clearly there is a bigger problem here Fitbit. Through the live chat I was given the 25-40% discount. I don't think it is fair to offer your customers a discount to purchase another clearly faulty product. Why would I spend another $150 to replace a product I originally spend over $250 on that lasted only a year and a half?

Best Answer

You are right, not to mention all the accessories.  I purchased multiple bands, the weight scales as well as additional chargers.  All a waste.  I ordered and received my new apple watch yesterday to replace fitbit products.  Their failure to stand behind the ionic has made me ultra committed to never buy their products again.  You can reach me directly at mtyner at tynerlawfirm dot com.  I'm considering alternate actions because of the huge number of customers with the identical issue.  The ionic was my 3d fitbit and the most expensive.  The other 2, which I purchased years ago, still work.  Used one of them until my Apple Watch arrived.  BTW, I purchased my ionic about the same time as you did,  January 2018.  

Best Answer

@GySgt_Seidell so I did the following today (With charger cable and W/O charger cable)

1) Holding all 3 buttons for 12 seconds, releasing bottom right - Nothing happens

2) Holding all 3 buttons for 14 seconds, releasing bottom right - Nothing happens

2) Holding all 3 buttons for 15 seconds, releasing bottom right - Nothing happens

2) Holding all 3 buttons for 16 seconds, releasing bottom right - Nothing happens

2) Holding all 3 buttons for 17 seconds, releasing bottom right - Nothing happens

2) Holding all 3 buttons for 20 seconds, releasing bottom right - Nothing happens

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner exactly my point! 

the problem with us is, even if they fix it, how will we get it? In order for us to get the fix, our watches should be turned on! Because it's going to be a software fix.

Therefore, they must send us new watches with the issue resolved.

Best Answer

Hi there,

I'm having the same issues as mentioned above. I've tried the suggested troubleshooting and my ionic still won't come on. 

Can you help?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi every one,

This is just a followup of my particular situation. 

I made a previous post in this thread discussing about my dead Ionic and my frustrations with smartwatches in general.

Being in Europe and having my Ionic die on me after 7 months of usage, I was entitled to a replacement which I did receive after being heard by a very polite support personnel. I, however, was clearly told that receiving a new watch did not extend the warranty in anyway. That sounded a bit odd, and if Fitbit believed that its product is free of problems, it would extend the warranty in my opinion.

Soon after I was happily using my new Ionic, which worked well until last week. During this brief period of good operation I intentionally avoided using it under water and was very careful with impacts or any other behavior that could possibly make it fail. I also avoided installing applications and only went back to my favorite watch face. My concerns were that some of my previous apps would make the battery drain too fast beyond the point that recharging was possible. Anyway, I remained with stock applications just to be on the safe side.

Last weekend my Ionic experienced a sudden drop in battery level. This is the same behavior that preceded my old Ionic's death. Instead if trying to fix the problem, I just kept on using it as normally and recharging it as usual. 

As expected, yesterday, more or less one month after receiving the replacement unit, my new Ionic shut off permanently and won't turn back on. It had at least 25% battery when it turned off. When I got back home I tried recharging it for a whole night then all button press combinations in the morning as instructed on the the Fitbit website. Nothing will turn it on. 

Being an ex-Pebbler (for which I plunged several hundreds of euros) and now having an Ionic (for which I also have buried another several hundred euros, let alone another 50 euros for the leather band) I'm very disappointed with the state of the smartwatches in general. I hopped onto the smartwatch wagon at least 6 years ago and my general feeling is that they're still far from delivering on their promisses. At least my Pebble was functional and didn't fail!

I'd like to finish by saying that I plan to contact support and see that I get another replacement, and will continue to do so until warranty expires. When that happens I'll check on the state of the smartwatch market and decide if I give it a new chance of if I let go once and for all. One thing is for sure: I do not plan to go back to Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thanks for reaching out! Welcome to our new users @SunsetRunner and @xochitlxochitl! Thanks for stopping by @madgrizzle @mlstapp @yabukijoe and @RunBrandonRun.

Sorry for being delayed in the answer and for the issues that you have been reporting. Our team is working hard on taking care of each user. @tbratt9 @Tylenol7 @NoPainNoGain @SunsetRunner @Leosam thanks for sharing your feedback. If you need further assistance with your warranty information I'd recommend to keep communication open with our support team. Sorry to hear that you've several issues with your Fitbit devices @Smileyfroggy123 @gr8tful.

Fitbit is always trying to provide great products and customer experience, that's why they've offered you that option after checking your warranty information. Nevertheless, I really appreciate your feedback; this is the best way to make your voice heard.

@nycwalker Thanks for trying all those steps and for reaching out our support team.

Using a discount to get back on track with the same or a different tracker, it'd be a good option for a person that is considering staying in the Fitbit family. If it is not your case, sorry you feel this is not enough since most of companies don't have options after the warranty ends.

I'd like to mention that I understand you've invested in the Fitbit Family; however, Fitbit as any other company has policies to follow through. While customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, the demands of running a global business require that we enforce our warranty consistently.   

@WX_Hockey That's correct, if you reside in the European Economic Area (EEA) and you've purchased your Fitbit product in the EEA, the warranty period is different. You can find more details about it here: UK warranty. 

@xochitlxochitl please let me know if you need me to open a case for you.

Thanks for jumping in @GySgt_Seidell.

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@YojanaFitbit thanks for replying

I understand My IONIC is out of warranty but this is not related to warranty at all. There are certain issues that a watch may face due to extensive usage, in which case warranty comes into picture.

This issue however is being reported by almost everyone, i.e. people who bought it just a few days back, few weeks back and who are well within in the warranty. 

Another thing is, this is not a software issue for sure. I am in IT and I know how it works.

This means that, this issue pertains to a faulty battery/hardware that was there from the day one in my IONIC. It just got triggered after warranty, which is my badluck.

Secondly, I do not understand why you are even offering a discount to buy IONIC again? Have you identified the issue? Does your team know about the root cause and what steps have been taken to fix it?

How would you explain fitbit offering 40% discount ($150) to buy a potentially faulty product again?

Is this is the way to do the business? Does this fall into your policy?

Best Answer

Having the same problem here. I recently open a topic complaining and my post was deleted by a moderator.

Very disappointed and frustrated. I won't be a Fitbit user anymore. You really messed up with this issue.

"Buy a new one", really? That's your answer? After been your client for more than 5 years, having bought almost every device you have launched, for me and my entire family?

No, like @nycwalker said, this is not related to warranty. I didn't even ask for a refund or a new device! I just wanted a solution for, yes, A FAULTY product. My Ionic doesn't have a single scratch, I take care of it very well, it's not about how I use it. Other folks are reporting the same just days or months after they bought it.

So it's bye, bye Fitbit. And it's not because bad products, it's because your lousy customer service.

See ya on Garmin's side.

Best Answer

And, by the way, it is a false statement by the moderator that they “must enforce warranty policies equally for all.” Just not true. Some folks whose Ionics bricked out of warranty are receiving new Ionics free of charge.

Moderator edit: Format 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @nycwalker @SunsetRunner @SunsetRunner.

I understand your frustration about this issue, I can't give you a different answer since the one in charge to check warranty options is our support team. I'd like to give you details about it but at this point it's best to check directly with them. I'll pass this information to our team.

@SunsetRunner As mentioned before, our team reviews each case individually. I'd advise to check with them directly. 

I hope you can get a better resolution, keep me posted.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

@YojanaFitbit 

Could you please assign my case to a single point of contact, who takes into consideration all the details, irrespective of warranty (as I and several others have explained), talks to the management and then takes a decision? 

I don't want yet another support member replying that my IONIC is out of warranty and I will be sent a 40% discount offer. That will be going back to square one.

Best Answer