Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic won't turn on after I shut it down. I hold down the large button on the left and nothing.And it won't charge either. Am I doing something wrong? I haven't even had it for 24 hrs

Best Answer
311 REPLIES 311

Thanks @YojanaFitbit but don't bother in my case.

We are 6 people (my wife, mother, sister, brother, sister in law and me) that we're done with Fitbit.

I'm very disappointed on how you are managing this situation. We're not the only users having this problem. Just a few minutes ago another girl is reporting the same on this forum! (On spanish forums is happening the same). This is absolutely unacceptable, and again, it does NOT have anything to do with warranty options.

Please, again, don't bother with "passing" my info to your useless customer service.

Best.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner 

Could you please shre the userIDs who have received free replacements even after warranty period?

That would help my case in a great deal. Thanks!

Best Answer

@YojanaFitbit Clearly we've all tried to contact the support team you speak of and gotten the same answer and then we post on here for potentially more help and receive the same answers. That doesn't really make me (or anyone else) feel like your team is 'working hard on taking care of each user.' And again, buying a brand new Ionic for 40% off (aka $150) is not an ideal solution for anyone. 

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer

Hello guys! I'm here to provide assistance with the difficulties you're experiencing. Thanks for your replies and updates @nycwalker @SunsetRunner and @SunsetRunner, welcome back.

Thanks for the feedback in regards our warranty options. As previously mentioned, customer satisfaction remains our number one goal but the demands of running a global business require that we enforce our warranty policies consistently.

We really appreciate your feedback; this is the best way to make your voice heard. However, Fitbit as any other company have policies to follow through. We're trying to help you out, if you need details about your case we advise to keep communications open with our Support team for more information.

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
Ricardo FitBit,

I understand policies but when a device malfunctions within months of
receiving it with no abuse of the product and it does not fall under
warranty then there is somethingwrong with that policy. I loved my original
Ionic and when it failed I recieved a new one free of charge. But when the
warranty device crashes a few months after receiving it and I get told
there is no resolve except a discount to get a new one then I know the
issue is not resolved and that your customers are NOT being thought of.
Best Answer

@RicardoFitbit RicardoFitbit

So you justify Fitbit asking us to pay $150 where we have clearly explained how this is not related to warranty at all?

Just to let YOU know, YOU do not even know what the issue is and how soon it can be resolved.

So, let's assume that we do pay $150 and suppose the same problem reoccurs after 1 year. So in that case, would you ask us to pay $150 again?

This means that, you should publically announce that Fitbit Ionic's life is max 1 year.

Is there anyone from fitbit ready to have a open discussion, think out of the box and really into "LISTENING" to what customers are saying?

Best Answer

Do we have anyone from fitbit, who is not a ROBOT, i.e. trained to repeat same lines again and again and actually "HELP" us?

Best Answer

@RicardoFitbit Can you please tell me how 'keeping in communication' with your 'Support team' is going to help me? I tried using the live chat again for help and received the same information that I've already been told. 

I've tried ALL the resets, I've cleaned my fitbit, tried my charger in different devices and NOTHING.  

Best Answer

100% agree with your post. I seriously can not believe that with so many people having the same issue that they don't just refund our money. Imagine how many people who have not complained on the forum. Have you tried looking into the Samsung Gear or the Ticwatch brands? They seem to have longer last lifespans and better warranty and customer service. I'm sure my post will be deleted since it doesn't " fall within the guidelines" of the forum. This company is just pure garbage. If I were to run my business the way they do with this horrible warranty and product I would be out of business.

Best Answer

@nycwalker wrote:

So, let's assume that we do pay $150 and suppose the same problem reoccurs after 1 year. So in that case, would you ask us to pay $150 again?

Man, this sounds like Fitbit could be moving to a kind of subscription model instead of selling things...

By the way. Someone does know how to export the data from Fitbit and import it on another brand (Garmin, for example)? I tried the web export tool on fitbit.com but it only allows to export within month ranges (31 days max), considering that I was a customer for more than 6 years, it's a lot of data to be exported. Any insights?

Best.

Best Answer

Since they won't replace it, and I'm sure not giving them any more $$$, I've decide to take the watch apart and test for faulty battery.  I believe the batteries are dying prematurely, in that we all know lithium-based batteries should last at least 3-5 years.  All of our watches are failing well before the 3yr mark.

Here's the vid: https://bit.ly/30UL8Yv

I'll try to complete this weekend and report back the results.

Samsung S8 Plus with Android 7.0, Ionic (27.32.10.20)
Best Answer

Hi @tbratt9 @nycwalker @SunsetRunner @SunsetRunner @NoPainNoGain thanks for replying.

Although, we really appreciate your feedback and thoughts about Fitbit products we'd like to remind you that we're here to help you out with your questions about how to troubleshoot your Fitbit, exchange ideas, solutions, tips, techniques, and information about the Fitbit products and services. But we can't give you more details about internal processes.

As mentioned before, our team is in charge to answer this specific questions about warranty options. Please keep in touch with our team and let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Please clarify. Is that ALL that your team is charged to answer, specific
questions about warranty options? How many answers could there be?
Best Answer
0 Votes
They are unwitting criminal accomplices...
Best Answer

@YojanaFitbit wrote:

Although, we really appreciate your feedback and thoughts about Fitbit products

But we can't give you more details about internal processes.

Thanks for your understanding

I think the Ionic is a brilliant watch, most days I use it when I go out cycling, but last week, my watch died.  As usual the support I got was brilliant, talked things through, even sent them a video, showing my watch had died, and because I was in warranty, I now have a replacement on the way

Now for the negative side, surely Fitbit must know they have an issue with the watch, be it the hardware or the software.  I paid £300 for this watch, and would expect it to last longer than 2 years, but it dosn't, and any watches out of warranty, they more or less only offer you a new watch discounted by 30-40%

Best Answer

I went ahead and contacted customer support to if anything let them

know of the high rate of failure, as if they don’t know, they confirmed mine died with 98 percent battery 6 days ago. Gee thanks lol. They offered me a 25% percent discount. Seems they have moved away from the 40 percent. Anyways just a FYI to anyone reading this WHEN your ionic failed at 12-15 months 

Best Answer

Hi there @Asmith1979 and @ionic-jo thanks for sharing this information. 

Sorry for the issues with your Fitbit Ionic. Thanks for the feedback, it's very important to us to have your thoughts in regards our product and your customer support interactions. Fitbit is always trying to provide great products and customer experience. 

We don't want to create frustration in our customers as mentioned before Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts. Please note that we don't have the option to change our warranties or give more details about your personal information here on the Forums, if you have questions related to your warranty you can check this page or keep communication open with our support team for more details. Thanks for your understanding.

See you around! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone,

Yet another update on my situation:

Just received my third device after a not as pleasant pass through support. This being my third device, I had the opportunity to test out one of my theories around why they're failing:

One thing that caught my attention with my two previous (dead) ones is that there seems to be something loose inside them.

I noticed that when holding the watch by the corners (without the bands) with four fingers of one hand, front facing up, and gently tapping the device on the Fitbit logo, there seems to be a spring sound and a vibration. This does not happen with my new device that I just received.

After watching some videos on disassembling the Ionic on youtube, I've noticed that there are some metallic strips attached to the case with screws by pressure, that holds the connectors coming from the battery, screen and sensors from disconnecting from the mainboard.

Given the sound and vibration I feel, I'm postulating that the metallic strip is detaching from the case and the connectors are getting disconnected from the main board. If this happens to the connector from the battery or the one coming from the sensors (that brings the charger signal) then this could explain why the device isn't getting charged and is dying altogether.

Question to all the others who have dead Ionics: do you verify the spring sound and vibration when you tap the Fitbit logo on the Ionic?

[edit]

I did a brief video on how to perform the tapping test: https://youtu.be/HJLU2Eb1sXg

Best Answer

Hi @Leosam thanks for sharing the update of your case, thanks for sharing your input. I can see that you take a lot of time to check all this details about what you think it might happened to your Ionic.

We don't advise to open the Fitbit Ionic since this might cause to loose its warranty in some cases.

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@YojanaFitbit Why does it matter if we test them if we've already been told they are out of warranty and there's nothing that can be done? 

What other questions about warranty could we possibly have? If the watch was purchased more than 1 year ago it's not covered and so we have to spend money to buy a new one, correct? The batteries are failing just outside of 1 year for a significant amount of people yet the warranty remains the same. Am I missing something? Are there questions I should be asking that would give me a different result? Why are there people who have gotten new watches outside of the warranty?

Best Answer