Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't vibrate

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic stopped vibrating when a message or phone call comes in. It was working perfectly until yesterday. I have checked my notifications on the on the app, phone and the Ionic and they are on. I even went through the steps of shutting the notifications off restarting my phone. I have a Samsung 7S. This really frustrating especially when I'm working out at the gym and my phone is the locker.   

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

When I was on the phone with Fitbit help I was told that most of the problems are with Android devices

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Try restarting your Ionic several times and see if that gets itnworking again. Let us know how you go 

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried restarting my Ionic several times and when I turn it back on the text is there but it's not vibrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @pisces1952 Have you tried changing the vibration setting to stronger? 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I have. I don't understand what happened but it was working up until Friday and it just stopped. This is really frustrating that since the update the beginning of June there have been nothing but problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I have changed my vibration settings, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and my Ionic is still not vibrating when a message or call comes through. 

It seems like there are so many problems with the Ionic and Android phones since that update fiasco in the beginning of June. 

What are my next steps to getting this fixed I only have the Ionic since January. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped working as well this past weekend. I got mine for father's day a month ago. I have tried everything as well. My last resort is factory reset... I just don't want to delete my music. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't think of doing a factory reset.  I just might try it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Factory reset does not work and now I have the calibration sensor issue... Taking it back this afternoon! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did a factory reset and had trouble getting my Ionic to restart. I called Fitbit @ 877-623-4997 and Alex helped me get everything restarted and uploaded. He said that they fixed all the problems with Android and that once I reinstall the app everything should work. Well low and behold after reinstalling the app and reconnecting the Ionic to the app everything is now working including getting me calls and messages. The only thing I'll have to do now is upload my music which is not a big deal!!!

Best Answer

They are sending me a replacement. Mine could not be fixed with any method. I've only had it for about 25 days. I just hope nothing else goes wrong. There seems to be a lot of issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I was on the phone with Fitbit help I was told that most of the problems are with Android devices

Best Answer
0 Votes