Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Ionic getting ALL the Versa features

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone know if Ionic is getting all of the new features "Fitbit Today" "reply to notifications" "new watchfaces" that they advertise on the upcoming Versa?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone! 

Thanks for sharing your interest in the new products and features. I'd like the information that we have so far in regards of the Versa on this article. I would also like to share this comparison between the Versa and the Ionic so you can take a look at the specs and differences: 

compare versa ionic.png

The Firmware Version 27.32.4.19 will be release soon, you can take a look at the details on this article

See you around! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

I know the Ionic is getting FitbitOS 2.0.  I've read that the plan is for the Ionic to carry on as their flagship watch so I would imagine it gets everything else as well.  It sure would be nice if us guinea pigs/beta testers could get FitbitOS 2.0 before the Versa is released, though.

Best Answer
Hey thanks for the insight. I saw all the features during the videos today
and thought "man, those will be nice, and something blaze/ionic users have
been asking for" Thanks again
Best Answer

Yes I noticed the message quick replies. I can't see any reason why we shouldn't get them too, hopefully a mod can confirm this? 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

literally JUST bought the new Fitbit Ionic and then I saw this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=64&v=6wQGOBaDbVU 

with all the cool answering fuctnions, i want those.

Best Answer

I love this lead-in on the brand-new Versa  page:  "The following are answers to some commonly asked questions about Fitbit Versa"

You have to wonder who asked them, don't you?  🙂

I think one of the most commonly asked questions would involve "How do you put music onto it?"

Looking forward to hearing details and how the next OS version will handle that.

Brian

Best Answer

I don't know about watch faces as they will be a different size/shape but everything else should come over as they share the same OS.  

In the review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-gD1cF8AR4 they do state (2:14) that the new features will make it over to the Ionic in a software update.  

Best Answer

I note that the Quick Replies is Android only. Seem to recall this was how it was on Pebble too. Something about Apple’s locked system.

Best Answer

Yes from the looks of things all the new features are part of fitbit OS 2.0, which the Ionic should be getting in spring.

As for clock faces, fitbit studio is also being updated to make it easier for developers to make their clock faces and apps compatible with multiple devices.

"Targeted Resources

In order for developers to concurrently build applications for Versa and Ionic, we have updated Fitbit Studio to include the ability to build projects for multiple devices by selecting the relevant Build Targets within the package.json file."

So hopefully most clock faces will be available across both devices. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

@SunsetRunnerwrote:

I note that the Quick Replies is Android only. Seem to recall this was how it was on Pebble too. Something about Apple’s locked system.

Yes this would seem to be an iOS limitation. I haven't any experience with Pebble so I'm not sure how/if it worked on their devices. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

Developer access to iOS Messages app was opened up a bit in iOS10 and even more in iOS11. I've seen the APIs, which do allow sending texts, but unsure if that can be used by a Fitbit iMessage App extension to respond to any message/SMS. 

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

https://venturebeat.com/2018/03/13/fitbits-second-smartwatch-and-first-wearable-for-kids-the-versa-a...

In the section "Fitbit OS 2.0":

"Ionic users will get version 2.0 as an update later this month."

"Fitbit OS 2.0 includes a new personalized dashboard that lives on the smartwatch itself, as opposed to simply in the Fitbit app. The dashboard lets you see your daily and weekly health and fitness stats, historical activity, heart rate, exercise summaries, motivational messages, tips and tricks, and daily guidance — all on your wrist. Fitbit also promises the dashboard will become more personalized over time with reminders, celebrations, logging, insights, sleep summaries, and social challenges (prompts to take actions based on your data) coming later this year."

Best Answer

@SunsetRunnerwrote:

https://venturebeat.com/2018/03/13/fitbits-second-smartwatch-and-first-wearable-for-kids-the-versa-and-ace-go-on-sale-in-q2-2018/

In the section "Fitbit OS 2.0":

"Ionic users will get version 2.0 as an update later this month."

"Fitbit OS 2.0 includes a new personalized dashboard that lives on the smartwatch itself, as opposed to simply in the Fitbit app. The dashboard lets you see your daily and weekly health and fitness stats, historical activity, heart rate, exercise summaries, motivational messages, tips and tricks, and daily guidance — all on your wrist. Fitbit also promises the dashboard will become more personalized over time with reminders, celebrations, logging, insights, sleep summaries, and social challenges (prompts to take actions based on your data) coming later this year."

Fitbit twitter support also confirmed fitbit OS 2.0 for March release. So hopefully we will start to see it soon.

Screenshot_2018-03-13-21-18-50.png

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

im dreading this, my ionic has worked perfectly from new, i hope this doesnt screw things up now

Best Answer

And, will it be getting the female tracking?? So awesome.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@leeshielawrote:

And, will it be getting the female tracking?? So awesome.

If they were wise, they would incorpate this in the IONIC, there would be a lot more opportunity and growth to have one consolidated software. I think it would drive more people away from Fitbit Products if they felt that the Ionic would not have that support and the Versa does. 

I'm not female, but i would think twice about Fitbit if i was going to be burnt by a feature on a cheaper and non flagship brand 

Best Answer

Here's a comparison shot of the Versa against the Ionic that one of the developers posted on twitter (@MicroByter). In this case the Versa actually has more info on the screen as its taller.

IMG_20180314_055739.jpg

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

Honestly I prefer the Ionic clockface has the Versa one seems to much crowded.

Best Answer

There will be a beta campaign as for the last Ionic firmware update?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Count me in then!!

Outlook voor Android downloaden
Best Answer
0 Votes