Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeps asking for pin all the time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

So I'm wearing my ionic pretty much all the time. That thing is just so annoying. As soon as I stop receiving notifications I know that this thing wants me to put the pin in again. It happens like 10 times a day. I don't take it off my wrist and it keeps asking me for pin way too often. Makes no difference if I have the strap loose or tight. I am really getting frustrated with this device. And that is only one of few other problems. 
Anyone have a similar issue? Any ideas why is this happening?

Thank you.

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Is your pin set to lock the tracker or just the wallet. 

In theory of set to lock the tracker it should only need the pin, once a day or after the tracker is put on the arm. 

I to found it asking for the pin even when the tracker was not removed. and changed it for the wallet only. 

Best Answer

I keep getting the same issue as you but with my Versa. It is getting to the point of annoyance. I'm still trying to figure out why this keeps happening. I believe this requires someone from Fitbit to explain.

Best Answer

I've noticed that if I wear my ionic not to tight, the way that I feel comfortable, it is then when it happens the most. When I wear it really tight it doesn't happen but then it's very uncomfortable and I have to loosen it anyway. So I've given up and disabled the pin lock on my ionic because that bloody thing was so useless and annoying. 

Best Answer

How do I use the device lock on my Fitbit watch?

Learn about securing your Fitbit watch with a PIN code

Their are 3 settings for the pin lock
Disabled
Lock the watch
Lock only the Fitbit pay. 

The watch will ask for the pin code once every 24 hours. 
It will also ask to enter after the tracker has been removed, or thkstit has been removed. 

To get around the tratker thinking the watch has been it was removed, when it hasn't, my lock is set for Fitbit pay only. 
Best Answer

Yeah but mine kept asking for pin couple of times a day. It really was annoying. I don't use fitbit pay as it's not supported by my bank in UK so I had to remove the pin lock. The only reason I wanted to use it was to stop someone else from reading my notifications when I sometimes take my watch off. 

Best Answer

@Kierownik that is what I mentioned, for some reason the watch thinks it is being taken off a lot more times then it really is. 

This algorithm needs tweeking. 

Best Answer

You mention in your reply that you had to turn off your pin because your bank cannot link with fitbit.  How did you turn your pin off?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JCrowley338 the instructions will be found in the link I posted above.

How do I use the device lock on my Fitbit watch?

The pin can be set for only the wallet or can be set for every function on the watch. To remove the pin completely I think the card connected to Fitbit pay need to be removed.

You can leave the phone lock on without having Fitbit party connected to an account.

Best Answer