Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left-Button Disabled Bug

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Starting yesterday, my Ionic will randomly vibrate as if I have a notification, and when I check, it has the music screen open. (Displaying "No music available" bc it's not set up. No actual notification.)

From that point the left button is completely non responsive, but I can still use the touch screen. If I navigate to a point which requires the left button to return, the watch is stuck there and I have to do a hard reboot. Holding the left and bottom button DOES work to reboot, and the button works again when it comes back up.

This has happened when doing nothing, when sleeping, when tracking exercise and when walking (not tracking).

I have the same problem many here do with wifi not working (reporting wifi-off in the settings after setting it up on  a my app). I was attempting to set it up with a few different networks in the morning before the  problem started. It may be a coincidence, but that's the only thing I changed just before the problem started.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ultimately, tech support requested that I return the Ionic to them and offered a replacement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Maybe chat with customer support about this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the suggestion. I am working through troubleshooting already. If they come up with a fix, I will post it. In the meantime I haven't seen any reference to this problem from anyone else, so I'm throwing it up on the forums to find others with the same issue.

Best Answer

Ultimately, tech support requested that I return the Ionic to them and offered a replacement.

Best Answer

I have been experiencing all the same problems, it started with the vibrating and the screen flicking through and opening music app like I was pressing buttons (when I wasn't). The back (left hand side) button is completely unresponsive and I will be stuck in whatever app is open unable to navigate out without a soft reset.  The problem has continued with now a soft reset not even making the back button responsive.  Guess I had better give support a call! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I had trouble getting them to understand the problem - they asked for a video of it happening, which as you know is hard to do because you don't know when it's going to wig out. They were pretty quick to offer a free replacement and paid return shipping label, though, so you won't have to deal with it much longer.

Best Answer

I also had this occur with my ionic. It started when I changed the device lock setting, it began popping up on the music screen, buzzing randomly beforehand, and the left button began to work sporadically. Doing a factory reset fixed my problems. Stopped the random buzzing and the left button worked again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started doing the same thing last night...would vibrate and when I looked at it, it was at the screen to adjust notification settings. 

When I would hit the left button to go to home screen, nothing would happen.

It wont even let me reboot.

Touch screen does work perfectly but I am going to call Fitbit today if issue continues

Best Answer
0 Votes
I recommend contacting them immediately, if it happened once your unit is
already defective and the longer you wait the more likely you are to miss
your warranty window.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much! I talked to them this morning. They are going to replace it and I’ve already sent it back.
I hate being without one...it’s terrible!
I am so thankful for your post...it let me know that this was a true issue and that i should get it resolved.
Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer