Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock screen during workouts

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there any way to lock the screen during Workout as this keeps pausing during kickboxing workouts, it’s a great watch but not worth the money if you can’t use it for work outs .........anyone help!

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity & format

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @MzM001,

Sorry, the screen doesn't lock during exercise modes, or else there would be no way to pause.

I have found a workaround for this situation. It is to wear a wrist sweatband over the tracker. It helps prevent unwanted screen taps. It also keeps the area dry, which improves the accuracy of the heart rate monitoring.  Hope this helps.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit, come one £299 for a watch and no screen lock feature! Looking for alternatives having waited to see the reviews! 

Best Answer

@WavyDavey wrote:

Sorry, the screen doesn't lock during exercise modes, or else there would be no way to pause.

its not hard to imagine a lock setting for Blaze or Ionic, with unlock involving 3 successive taps within a second or two. Or something like that. I'm aware of lock settings during exercise tracking on other devices, that prevent unintentional stopping without making it difficult to unlock.

It also might help some if Fitbit supported rotating watch on wrist, so that the two buttons face elbow instead of wrist. With Blaze the screen would be upside down, is this possible on Ionic?

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

It doesn't appear to support screen rotation currently.  I created a Feature Request for this, that we can vote for it there. With enough votes, they may implement it.

There's also a new Feature Request for a lockscreen/pause protection during exercise.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Hi everyone -- I appreciate your feedback and I also think Ionic should be able to lock the screen during an activity to prevent accidental pausing of the exercise. That's why I recommend voting for this existing idea within our Feature Suggestion board. The more votes we get, the more likely it is to be considered in the future for implementation. Hope to see your votes in there!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Hi Dave 

thanks will give this a try...... however were spending £300, I am trying an alternative to a sweat band I will keep you posted to see if it work, try sweat band aswell cheers bud

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Eric 

thanks for the feedback, to be honest when looking at this I noticed this issued occured with the blaze, what I don’t get is if people raised this issue with the blaze surely Fitbit should have considered this flaw, and “in the future” this is very vague. I honestly would have not purchased the ionic ... it’s a shame I did not read this 1st. Looks like a return for me till Fitbit resolve this issue. Thanks for thanking your time to explain.

cheers 

Mark 

Best Answer