Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Looking for your Ionic' when trying to upload music

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I try to upload music to my Ionic. I'm connected to WiFi, so is my PC. 

I followed the manual:

I created a playlist in Windows Media Player (I'm using Windows 10)

Set the watch in Transfer mode and on my PC I select Media -> Personal Music. 

Then the app keeps Looking for my Ionic. But it is near on the same WiFi network (I can ping it from the PC I try to upload the music. The Ionic is also via bluetooth is also connected to the PC

How can I transfer my music files to my Ionic from my PC.

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

I'm hoping there are updates soon to fix this, I'm having the same problem.  As long as the Ionic says "Ready to Transfer" I can see it is on the same WiFi and I am able to ping it, but the software never finds it to transfer music.

Best Answer

Have same problem. New Ionic, PC just hangs at "Looking for Ionic". I have wasted so much time trying to get this to work and still no success. Good job I didnt buy the bluetooth earphones yet, they are of no use if I can't load music to the device. Next step for me is a support call, and if that doesnt work then dont know what I can do. The Ionic itself connects to WiFi.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It did finally work after many many many attempts, I was using the Windows desktop client rather than the Windows store app when it finally did work, but it still took many attempts.  I also found the IP for my watch and used ping to monitor if it was reachable or not so I knew when I had to press the transfer button again.

Best Answer

I was able to transfer music to my Fitbit using the ITunes playlist... you have to make sure that you have check the share playlist with other apps (edit, preference, advance, share ITunes playlist xml with other applications)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SkipFire Did you have to use the Fitbit Dongle to use the desktop client?  I was unable to attempt sync without the dongle.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jbalfoortI did not use the dongle, just the WiFi.  But it took many tries.

Best Answer

Update.

I finally got a song loaded to the Ionic.

I thought I'd briefly describe what worked for me in case this helps others: here's what I had to do:

1. Uninstall the Fitbit App from Windows 10

2. Download and install Fitbit Connect from the app store

3. Ignore messages to install the latest Windows 10 version when opening Fitbit Connect

4. Log in etc, then use the transfer music feature (use the Transfer Music feature on the watch too, same WLAN etc).

In this case the PC did find my Ionic and I could finally transfer a playlist. 

Well, after this great and wonderous feat I then went on to re-install the Windows 10 version of Fitbit. Tried to connect to the Ionic (like it succeeds in Fitbit Connect), and .. nothing happens. You just end up staring endlessly at a "Looking for your Ionic" message. So the solution seems to be to use the old "Fitbit Connect" program rather than windows 10 App. Needless to say I'm glad that I could load a song, but also pretty amazed at the poor user friendliness of this feature. 

Hope this helps others for now until Fitbit can fix something, somewhere.

That's all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

PS. I refer to the windows version: download the latest version of Fitbit Connect from https://www.fitbit.com/eu/setup?platform=win.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CarlosCFitbit : Do you have an update about the WiFi issue? It seems a widespread problem. Also when I'm trying to develop apps, my Ionic cannot find my WiFi (I tried three different Access Points at my site)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. I am using the store version.

Fitbit Ionic can connect to the same Wifi as the Windows laptop. Fitbit Ionic shows "Ready to Transfer". However, the Fitbit app loops on "Looking for your Ionic..."

Best Answer

I got it to work finally!

I upgraded to the latest developer firmware, which is now 27.30.5.8. If it's not working for you now, please keep an eye for new firmware updates.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem

Best Answer

FITBIT, is there any solution for this problem ?? 

Best Answer