Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major running options missing from Watch

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Having recently purchased the Fitbit Ionic Adidas edition, and being a New User to the Fitbit products,

I am really impressed with the Ionic on a lot of levels, looks, feel, ease of use, lightweight and sturdy comfortable build. amazing dispaly, but I have also been surprisingly disappointed with the lack of customised training settings from this Watch. There are key custom options completely overlooked from Fitbit for runners and multi sport users like myself.

Examples are

1. The lack of ability for Fitbit to post Treadmill runs to Strava. This should be available especially due to the fact that Strava is built into the Watch as an app. If this is due to Treadmill activities not being tracked by GPS, then make it so, or Update the software to allow Treadmill activity data to upload to Strava. As an avid runner and tracker of data this is key and having to manually upload data from a Smart Watch to an app is very restrictive and loss of valuable tech data .

2. The lack of ability to be able to customise a Run by type, ie laps/intervals/tempo/zones/race … These are basic options for any GPS running watch that should be easily available. The ability to set a run by Avg Pace target, or distance by time, or to run within a particular HR zone/Pace/. The Ability to Race a previously completed run. While there is a Interval Option under the exercises, it is not classed as a Run, and options are very limited within this option 

The key issues outlined above have been available for a longtime on much older technology on  more basic GPS watches, so I cannot understand how these have been overlooked for so long.

I really hope Fitbit look into the above because the Ionic is such a fantastic looking Smart Watch that is really let down by the above

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @krjago, some great ideas and suggestions here!  The best way of communicating your ideas is to post on the Feature Suggestion Forum.  There others can comment on and vote for your ideas.  The more votes, the more likely the idea is to be implemented.  Moderators check this forum often and pass on the most popular suggestions and ideas.

Three tips:

1. Always do a search to make sure your idea, or a similar one, hasn't already been suggested.

2. It usually works best if there is one feature suggestion per post.  A post with lots of suggestions combined in one is less likely to get attention.

3. Be sure to think carefully about your "tags" so your suggestion is easy to find.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi, @krjago, some great ideas and suggestions here!  The best way of communicating your ideas is to post on the Feature Suggestion Forum.  There others can comment on and vote for your ideas.  The more votes, the more likely the idea is to be implemented.  Moderators check this forum often and pass on the most popular suggestions and ideas.

Three tips:

1. Always do a search to make sure your idea, or a similar one, hasn't already been suggested.

2. It usually works best if there is one feature suggestion per post.  A post with lots of suggestions combined in one is less likely to get attention.

3. Be sure to think carefully about your "tags" so your suggestion is easy to find.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer