Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random vibrating throughout the night and blank screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Early this morning the Ionic kept buzzing me. One short buzz, waking me up. I looked at the watch and there was a blank screen. I pressed buttons and nothing lit up. Tried to go back to sleep and it buzzed again. Looked and it showed the time. 3:35am. Then it did this a few more times. I do not have notifications on. NONE. I checked the last sync, it was 2 hours before this even started. No alarms.

I just had to do a factory reboot a day ago to get the dang thing to update. I kept getting sync errors. I have it on always connected and all day sync. Yesterday, during a run, I felt it vibrate, but thought it was another half mile mark. Went about 4 more mins to get home and went to STOP my work out.. my watch was OFF. Blank screen. Nothing. Then a few min later, it was like it powered itself back on and was showing the fitbit sign? 

Like I said, I have done a reboot. I have wiped it from my app and readded it. I have had nothing but connection issues since I have gotten this only a week ago... if that. 

So what is with these random vibrate, blank screen, then vibrate and back on issue? This is getting old real fast and I am ready to return this. I never had one single issue with my blaze or my Charge HR. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@katwoman5 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for taking the time to share all of those details regarding the situation you are experiencing with your Ionic shutting down. Thanks for trying removing it and then adding it back to your account.

By any chance, have you tried performing a regular restart on your watch? Try that out and see if that makes any difference.

Also, try using a different clock face. This has helped other users too.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply. It kept happening last night, but at least not at 3am. It would buzz, then go blank. Then buzz a few min later and light up with the Fitbit logo. What does that mean? Is it a power off? I thought maybe it was an update or sync, but when I check the app, it stated it had been 2 hours since it last synced. 

I have tried to do the power off, but when I try to do it, the moment I check to see if it is off, it shows me the logo again. Did it ever turn off? I never tried to turn it back on. If that makes sense. I have tried it from the settings, power off and holding the side buttons. It is like the second I pick the watch up, it is back on. lol I will try another watch face. I have changed them a few times, while trying to figure out what I want to look at. 

Today's jog at least did not shut off on me. However I thought I should be able to see my information on the Strava app. I see it on my phone, but not watch. Do you know anything about connecting that? I mean, if I have the app and syncing, I thought my watch should also. I have not searched for this issue, as this is totally secondary. I just started trying to use it yesterday. 

Best Answer
0 Votes