Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually Setting Time on Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there anyway to manually set the time on the Ionic? It seems that the only way to adjust the time is by changing time zones....

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

@Ori-Ionic wrote:

Is there anyway to manually set the time on the Ionic? It seems that the only way to adjust the time is by changing time zones....

Hi @Ori-Ionic,

Time on the Ionic is set to network time when it is synced. There's no time adjustment on the watch itself that I know of.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Every time I go for a ride in my 2018 Audi A4, my ionic time changes to an hour behind regular time. After my drive it takes hours to reset. Why and what can I do to correct?

Best Answer

Mine is still 4 hours later than my accual time zone, how can i change it?

Best Answer

The time on my fitbit has changef after it had  been charged.

How do I change it to the correct time?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sync it.

Best Answer

@Mikemccoysr@Onre

You can try manually setting the time zone on the app:

Open the fitbit app, tap on the account tab, then on advanced settings.

Make sure Automatic Timezone is off.

Go to your profile at https://www.fitbit.com/settings/profile

Change make sure to select your proper time zone.

Sync the ionic.

This way, the ionic's time should be corrected, and always on the time zone you selected. Just in case you don't, sync it from time to time.

Best Answer

How can you change the time it's wrong

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ezjz, if the time is off by a time zone difference, open the Fitbit.com Dashboard Settings, change the Time Zone setting to the correct zone, and sync the tracker. The time on the Ionic will be set to the time of the device you are syncing it with.

Best Answer

What do you do if you need your device on one time zone and your watch on another? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LozzaHatesThis wrote:

What do you do if you need your device on one time zone and your watch on another? 

Can't be done AFAIK. 

Best Answer

Thank you for the information! cbwilsha 🙂 

Someone should take a look into that? I'm sure there are aspects of that which are very important and I don't understand the entirety of it but as an avid traveler there are some definite benefits to allowing the device and watch to be separate times. Cheers 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Theoretically, you could sync the Ionic, and then change the time zone on the phone. If you don't open the Fitbit app on the phone, so it won't sync, it probably won't be able to update the time zone on the Ionic. But you'd be unable to sync during this time. Honestly, I think there'd be problems doing it this way once you finally sync.

Another possibility is using one of the watch faces for the Ionic that display multiple time zones.

I'm still unsure of a situation that would require having two different time zones at once, but if you need it, I would probably go with the second suggestion to display multiple time zones through a clock face you can download in the app store.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Thanks DavyWavey,
I thought about the same thing. But I agree that it would cause a few problems/inconveniences this way ahah But thanks for thinking outside the box to offer a solution! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LozzaHatesThis,

Actually, I think there's a way to explicitly set this.  In the app, it's under:

Account -> Advanced Settings -> Time Zone

It's automatically set to the time zone of the device (and with your phone, it'll change while you travel), but you can turn off the auto mode and explicitly select your time zone.

That said, I believe that as you travel, the app will keep wanting to make this 'auto' when it detects a time zone change.  So if you travel frequently, I'd advise you to do this:

1. Before you travel, turn off Bluetooth.
  2. Get to your destination (where you won't have any more time changes based on location).
  3. Explicitly set the time zone in the Fitbit App.
  4. Turn Bluetooth back on.
  5. Sync as you normally would.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi there, the same thing is happening to me. Did you even get an answer to your question?

Best Answer
0 Votes

time needs to be reset

Best Answer
0 Votes

My watch has the wrong time on it.  How do I fix it.  It is not a time zone issue.  Help

Best Answer
0 Votes

What about travellers who don't have access to a computer???    I'm so frustrated with this no-manual-change-of clock that I'm tempted to go back to a pedometer and a watch.   They are both so easy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I just had my Fit Bit IONIC do a head stand and Jump 4.32 hours into the future . I am getting topo old to loose 4+ hours of what ti,e I have ;left.  I followed the cure for the time set First I tried syncing the **ahem** thing after 14 tries It had not moved one second. I waited for a satellite to come into view still no change after the wait of 15 m minutes . So I moved to the Link I n this gentleman's post and After I had set it to London time GMT OR UCT whatever . It changed to Pacific time Where I am . I tried different locations but it Stuck form on PST than you Friend  

Peter

Best Answer
0 Votes