Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit logo flashing on Ionic screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My watch only flashes the logo and randomly vibrates. I've tried 2 button and 3 button restart, nothing changes. I've tried resyncing with my android, logging out and in, nothing changes. What is wrong with it?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi, you are lucky that it vibrates!  mine just shows the icon and once a minute, turns off for a few second and then the icon comes back again.  hopefully Fitbit IT is smart and has a solution.

Best Answer

Hi @Erik12845, welcome to the Community Forums! I'm happy to see you again participating here @kendallparkS, welcome back. My sincere apologies for the delay in responding.

First, I'd like to appreciate your effort and patience troubleshooting your devices prior to posting. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know if the heart rate sensors are flashing or are your devices completely unresponsive? I recommend you guys to check our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be here.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. My heartrate sensors are not flashing.

Trying to hard reset set or restart the watch have failed. There is no response from the watch whatsoever from attempting any of these restart methods. Just a constant cycle of showing the logo then the screen going dark.

I have tried draining my battery to zero then charging it up again with the same results.

It will not connect to the bluetooth on my phone.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community Forums @rhoadb, sorry for the delay in responding your post.

First, I'd like to appreciate all the troubleshooting steps you tried before posting over here. Let me share with you that our Customer Support team was contacted on your behalf for them to provide you with further assistance and get you back on track as soon as possible.

In the meantime they get in touch with you, don't hesitate to contact me back if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Two days ago I charged my Ionic to 100% in the evening.  I did not wear it overnight but when I went to put it on it had dropped to 23% which I thought was strange.  I then recharged it back to 100% and went out skiing.  The day was wet but the watch was under protective clothing so did not get very wet but after two hours the only thing displayed was the Fitbit logo which would not go away.  At that point there was very little that I could do so I waited until I got back to where I was staying. 
I made sure that it was dry and then charged it for a few hours but there was no visible response.  I tried the two and three button reboot but no response.  I left it over night and this morning it has responded after a three botton reset but the screen is messed up.  I can see the watch-face but when I try to slide up, down or to the right the screen either remains unresponsive or judders.  If it judders then it will continue for a minute or so before flashing a black screen and then back to the watch-face.  Not sure what to do now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the 2 and 3 button resets over and over again for days and it didn't work. Even tried letting it die completely and charge it again and do resets- still nothing.

Then I tried doing a 2-buttom immediately following a 3-button like described below and it worked the first time. Hopefully it works for you.

1. Hold all 3 ionic buttons for 15 secs

(* tip count 15 secs)

2. After 15 secs , release lower right button.( Keep other 2 buttons pressed.) 

3. Holding the other 2 buttons. Only Until The ionic vibrates. Then now let go of all buttons. 

4. screen should go fully black. 

5. At this point Support said wait 2 mins while ionic clears and resets data. (it could take longer) . If it's still blank just press left button to turn it on. 

6. Then follow normal procedure to install updates and sync with your phone app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed the advice given in another post and finally got it fixed.

Sharing below in case someone else finds it helpful. The 2-button and 3-button reset didn't work on their own. Nor did letting it die completely and charging it again. Doing the 3-button followed immediately by the 2-button did work.

1. Hold all 3 ionic buttons for 15 secs

(* tip count 15 secs)

2. After 15 secs , release lower right button.( Keep other 2 buttons pressed.) 

3. Holding the other 2 buttons. Only Until The ionic vibrates. Then now let go of all buttons. 

4. screen should go fully black. 

5. At this point Support said wait 2 mins while ionic clears and resets data. (it could take longer) . If it's still blank just press left button to turn it on. 

6. Then follow normal procedure to install updates and sync with your phone app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed the advice of the three then two button reset and this cycles through until the vibrate at the end of the two button section.  After that the screen remains black, no matter what button I press nothing happens.  I have waited two minutes, three minutes and now 6 hours but it makes no difference.  Once I got the logo to appear but it only lasted for a few seconds before the screen went black again and I was back at the beginning.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine doesn’t even vibrate. Logo just flashed on and off. I tried all the restarts. This is my third Fitbit that has died on me. NO MORE Fitbits for me. 

Best Answer

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Currently, there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches.

For more information, please visit this thread.

I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes