Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually Setting Time on Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there anyway to manually set the time on the Ionic? It seems that the only way to adjust the time is by changing time zones....

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

IRONICALLY  My STUPID phone is At the same time and the above article started just after IU had trioed to link my Idiot Phone to the  IONIC  so muck for the term SMART this is my forst such illiterate Phone and I am still new to it My IQ is Above mention  here suffice it is high, the phone  has an IQ in the Sub 60 range by my reckoning I do understand the   nature of such a LOW IQ INSANITY IN the world was no longer p[assed foprm parent top child by the early 1900's 03 to 08  however that seems to have been resurrected amongst the PHONE industry Engineers .and past down to its offspring the Phone . Perhaps the Audi Phone I read of has the same Level of insanity My own Phone has. IF its recurrent on the car.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

IONIC AND IMBACILIC AUDI . Sorry I do  believe the Audi is one of the worlds Finest Vehicles  However Who made the watch or Who made the IONIC TRACKING WI FI.   wi fi  in my house meant Smelly many years ago its seems with WIFI issues that seem to be Prevalent world wide WI FI NEEDS to settle on  IEEE standard PROTOCALL especially within a vehicle that is GPS controlled.     I had issues Linking my Charge II to the WI FI UNIT with the computer this I purchased the Fit bit  USB unit. It should be standard Supply with the watch its NOT they think All WIO FI is the same ITS Obviously not. My IONIC A later Upgrade Proved to be annoyingly hard to Sync. It finally locked on. After a few hours of trials  nearly Destroying  the watch on , a re,engineering attempt .   My Chev  Clock and WI FI does not yet SYUNC to the FIT BIT  thus I do not know If it count's the revs or not

HERE ARE THE FACTS . YOU NEED TOP KNOW   THE clock in  your AUDI does not like YOUR FIT BIT And when it SYNC's it Places you mid Pacific if you live on the west coast.  YESA the CUR is to OPEN your ACCOUNT settings and RESET the TIME ZONES  FIRST Remove and set your own zone to GMT it may take a few tries but my best try is Set to  GMT ( LONDON England) then back to your zone. Nothing happened on my first time to move it from a wrong time to MY reset ( removed) time on first try but it  did respond to the GMT move but it Locked on my own Time and COTTECT time..

Its |YOUR COUNTRY OF REESIDENCE that must first be altered to GMT then your time zone to GMT then return them back to your Zone after the Watch is reset to your Zone.

WJY BEATS ME but after  using computers from that Glowed in the "dark" a HAM term for Vacuum tubes YEP I am that OLDE with the E . I have  found that they all respond to IDIOTIC moves that make no logical;  sense whatsoever. IF you find my logic weird SO DO I . MY mother was a Pharmacist in an INSANE ASY:LUM I toured may times a s A young teen and I believe it rubbed off on me (the insanity). however this WORKS. I also OWNB An Insane Phone no longer known as a Stupid phone. It was de frocked as a SMART PHONE within 30 seconds of ownership and still bears the title of much lower but far more accurate, lower regard)

I do hope that helps and Perhaps you need to get one or both time pieces Checked out  for defective WI FI some thin g smells really bad in the way WI FI is engineered.  AS A Chemical Engineer  Computers still frazzle  my LO FI brain.

Peter .         

decided to SUN.       

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today my fitbit Iconic suddenly changed the time by 5 hours and I want to return it to the correct time?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow...  I have a Fitbit Ionic that I found and attempted to return to the original owner but they would not respond to my messages. After a couple of months I decided to keep it. The screwy things this thing does...

1) I think it over-counts/exaggerates the number of steps I'm doing.

2) After every sync/recharge, it's time is off by an hour, sometimes two.

3) I followed steps to turn the Ionic off at night to save battery life, every time I've done this and powered it back up in the morning (on a full charge) the battery is dead within a couple of minutes -after being off overnight.

I will continue to use it until it dies but would not buy a replacement when it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If it doesn't automtically fix itself by selecting the correct time zone, you have to change your time zone to a different one and then back to the correct one syncing after each change.  

I had the same issue and was getting weary with trying to figure it out.  This did the trick for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What works for me ist to start a bike ride or run session with GPS. The watch can set its local current time based on the GPS signal after some minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Elliott--
Sincerely,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Currently, there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches.

For more information, please visit this thread.

I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes